With the Quantum calling in Sam Juan

Hi I live 20 min away from cape liberty and the years I had been taking cruise from cape liberty with big snow storms never the cruise was delay or cancel in 2009 with the big snow storm we had explorer was sailing full,and yes they bringing the new ship here to Bayonne it's been confirm with few captains and on my last cruise was confirm is coming to cape liberty,and a other thing people love to drive up to cape liberty from other states so they won't have to fly,explorer of the seas always sails full,next moth they will announce where she gonna sail out from,can't wait so I could say i told you so

Which ship and which captain? Last week on Oasis they said they did not know. If it was confirmed then I am sure that there would be no further speculation.:)

If weather wasn't a concern then it wouldn't matter to me where it sails from ( as long as it isn't Europe or Asia). DH and I will not cruise out of the Northeast in the winter. It's fun to wonder... and I will not book anything until I know from where and when it will sail. If it sails from a port that is not convenient for us then I hope the prices on the other cruises drop! Probably won't though.

Guest maddycat
I was thinking that it's too bad they can't use the terminal at Red Hook in Brooklyn where Princess used to sail out of. It's a very nice facility and equally convenient as Bayonne. None of Carnival Corps ships use that terminal anymore, and it's a shame that it's standing there vacant and underutilized.

Why would RCI use Red Hook when Carnival Corp will no longer use it?

There has to be a reason that they aren't happy with Brooklyn. Besides, doesn't RCI have a very long lease with Cape Liberty?

Which ship and which captain? Last week on Oasis they said they did not know. If it was confirmed then I am sure that there would be no further speculation.:)

If weather wasn't a concern then it wouldn't matter to me where it sails from ( as long as it isn't Europe or Asia). DH and I will not cruise out of the Northeast in the winter. It's fun to wonder... and I will not book anything until I know from where and when it will sail. If it sails from a port that is not convenient for us then I hope the prices on the other cruises drop! Probably won't though.

Sorry to say but last week on the allure when I booked my cruise for the jewel I ask about the quantum she said it will leave from Bayonne, next moth we will find out more info.

Sorry to say but last week on the allure when I booked my cruise for the jewel I ask about the quantum she said it will leave from Bayonne next moth we will find out more info.

And also crew members onboard the allure where telling me and my wife the same thing she going to Bayonne,and they might be going there as well

So, if Quantum does not come to replace the EX until Nov-Dec. 2014, when does the EX get refurbished -- love the ship, but it needs some redoing immediately. I have heard of a total redo by captains, including new rooms and new restaurants, but the "tiredness" of the ship cannot wait until it leaves. Is it scheduled for any refurbishing before it leaves late 2014? V.

Guest maddycat
So, if Quantum does not come to replace the EX until Nov-Dec. 2014, when does the EX get refurbished -- love the ship, but it needs some redoing immediately. I have heard of a total redo by captains, including new rooms and new restaurants, but the "tiredness" of the ship cannot wait until it leaves. Is it scheduled for any refurbishing before it leaves late 2014? V.

Feb. 2014

RCI drydock schedule

So, if Quantum does not come to replace the EX until Nov-Dec. 2014, when does the EX get refurbished -- love the ship, but it needs some redoing immediately. I have heard of a total redo by captains, including new rooms and new restaurants, but the "tiredness" of the ship cannot wait until it leaves. Is it scheduled for any refurbishing before it leaves late 2014? Trust me she coming to Bayonne,we just have to wait for more information.:)

Royal Caribbean's website now shows the refurbished Explorer coming in February 2014.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf?cid=int_0082

Eric

Feb 2014, however bookings are still open from Jan 2014 till Nov 1, 2014, that could be a mistake.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

• 1 month later...

If it is Bayonne I expect it will be close to a 2 week cruise. That works for me. It is a shorter flight for us to NJ and gives us the opportunity to spend a few days in NY first. When we did Explorer we had great weather. The first full day was shorts weather and it did not cool down till the last day when most people are packing and wishing they were on a B2B. :)

Can't wait for the official news.

Oasis, Allure and Freedom all go out of Florida year round.

RC needs a ship in NJ/NY to compete with the NCL Breakaway.

I agree RCL need to move to other states and Countries

I think its wishful thinking to think that Quantum will sail out of any other port than FL.

This is nothing more than MY opinion and speculation but Im thinking Quantum goes to Ft Lauderdale and one of the Oasis sisters moves to Pt Canaveral to take over the 7 night Eastern/Western Caribbean routes that Freedom is doing.

Freedom to Bayonne maybe?

Again, this is only my speculation and i have no idea if its even possible.

One of my clients just got of the Allure & told me Oasis is coming to Port Canaveral in 2014. We've been hearing those rumors for a year now, I'm not sure if I believe it but it could do Sat-Sat to compete with the Carnival Dream.

Freedom can stay put, we love her here!!

If it is Bayonne I expect it will be close to a 2 week cruise. That works for me. It is a shorter flight for us to NJ and gives us the opportunity to spend a few days in NY first. When we did Explorer we had great weather. The first full day was shorts weather and it did not cool down till the last day when most people are packing and wishing they were on a B2B. :)

Can't wait for the official news.

9 day Bermuda/Carribean, 5 day Bermuda rotation starting Mid April 2015 to September 2015

I have no idea what ship is going where.

I do know that anyone that lives in the NY is probably, like me watching commercial after commercial on the Breakaway and let me tell you, that looks like one mighty fine ship.

Royal has got to be thinking about competing with that. I believe good changes are coming to Bayonne!!

I have no idea what ship is going where.

I do know that anyone that lives in the NY is probably, like me watching commercial after commercial on the Breakaway and let me tell you, that looks like one mighty fine ship.

Royal has got to be thinking about competing with that. I believe good changes are coming to Bayonne!!

The lets go commercial on Radio & TV hourly, lol

Thanks Firelts....I sure hope the Feb 2015 schedule looks better than that. In the warm months that wouldn't be so bad but not in Feb.

X, schedule for the Carribean is out until April 2015. It's the Same Old, Same Old. If the QOS does arrive in Cape liberty in November 2014 expect the same (the Exos 2013 & 2014 Schedule) Along with the Carribean/ Bermuda Itin starting in Mid-April 2015.

Archived