N.E. Snow Storm

Shipbound

It seems that the N. E. may get hit with a snow storm Thursday/Friday. All of the models show anywhere from 2"-20", however the European model says 2"-4" and it is on all accounts the most accurate hope there're right for all flying this week end leaving on a cruise!!!!!

Thats why after your first cruise we have booked your own flights. Living in New England Carnival like the other cruiselines book your flights to Fla. for the day of the cruise. On our frist cruise had a 6a.m. flight out of T.F.Green (the morining after the Pats won the superbowl). Due to weather got to Miami at 3pm. On the ship in time to grab our life vest and head to the life boat drill. On a side note was funny sitting in Charlotte for 4 hours. Watching what I can only assume were drunken Pats fans, going around to the top of their lungs chanting Pats #1 ---- Panthers "freaken" suck. Not being able to figrue out why the police were arresting them.

It seems that the N. E. may get hit with a snow storm Thursday/Friday. All of the models show anywhere from 2"-20", however the European model says 2"-4" and it is on all accounts the most accurate hope there're right for all flying this week end leaving on a cruise!!!!!

I just love how they have 2 models now, as if it gives them an excuse if they get it wrong, which lately, that's all they do.

Last snowstorm, we were told 26.2", and we got 9.5".

Hope that you are able to fly out and not miss the ship.

Thanks but I will be flying out the 16th of March, however since the first week or so in March

can produce big snow storms I try not to fly in the early part of March so hopefully the following week will be fine.

Living in NE and especially after the forecast of the last storm, I don't believe them until the snow flies. Last week we were suppose to get 12"+ and we ended up with 3". :eek:

Living in NE and especially after the forecast of the last storm, I don't believe them until the snow flies. Last week we were suppose to get 12"+ and we ended up with 3". :eek:

The last major storm we had the European model was right, well we just will have to wait until it is over. However the snow is suppose to be heavy be careful!!!!. Good Luck

We were on a cruise the weekend they cancelled 5500 flights. I never thought we would get home. We were lucky but it was nuts in Ft Lauderdale. We arrived home to over 2 ft in our drive way. No way I could get in . I tried to lift my leg and fell right in. Nice way to welcome back to Rhode Island. The following weekend we got banged again with snow. 3 weekends in a row. We met 2 couples that missed the cruise. They are saying in RI. 1-6 " of snow starting tomorrow. No one knows yet. Maybe if we are lucky, we might miss it because it has been warmer. Last weekend we got a couple inches of rain instead of snow. First weekend without snow. They dont know yet.

We were on a cruise the weekend they cancelled 5500 flights. I never thought we would get home. We were lucky but it was nuts in Ft Lauderdale. We arrived home to over 2 ft in our drive way. No way I could get in . I tried to lift my leg and fell right in. Nice way to welcome back to Rhode Island. The following weekend we got banged again with snow. 3 weekends in a row. We met 2 couples that missed the cruise. They are saying in RI. 1-6 " of snow starting tomorrow. No one knows yet. Maybe if we are lucky, we might miss it because it has been warmer. Last weekend we got a couple inches of rain instead of snow. First weekend without snow. They dont know yet.

I think the year was 1995 I wanted to go on a cruise the weekend of March 14 but it was sold out so I went the next weekend, well 2500 people missed the ship that weekend the storm hit so I got lucky. You never know in N.E.

I think the year was 1995 I wanted to go on a cruise the weekend of March 14 but it was sold out so I went the next weekend, well 2500 people missed the ship that weekend the storm hit so I got lucky. You never know in N.E.

1993. I remember it well :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1784817&highlight=blizzard

Thanks but I will be flying out the 16th of March, however since the first week or so in March

can produce big snow storms I try not to fly in the early part of March so hopefully the following week will be fine.

We are in Massachusetts. I just looked at the national weather service and three local news stations. According to what I read we are getting anywhere from 4 to 22 inches. Way to pin it down eh? Glad we aren't flying until the 15th!

We are in Massachusetts. I just looked at the national weather service and three local news stations. According to what I read we are getting anywhere from 4 to 22 inches. Way to pin it down eh? Glad we aren't flying until the 15th!

Well I will be on the same ship as you- The Glory(March 17,20130

I sure hope not! We're driving from Nova Scotia to Manchester,NH on Friday and flying into FLL Saturday for our cruise Sunday.

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

What time are you planning on arriving to Manchester?

We live right outside Manchester. Just watched the local weather. We are in the 4-8" range from Thursday evening into Friday. But, meteorologist said it could change depending on the storm that's swirling off the coast and the jet stream coming in from the west. We are in a winter weather watch.

Keep checking WMUR.com.

But, we are in New Hampshire and we aren't afraid of snow. The roads get cleared pretty well and the airport does a great job of cleaning up the snow.

What time are you planning on arriving to Manchester?

We live right outside Manchester. Just watched the local weather. We are in the 4-8" range from Thursday evening into Friday. But, meteorologist said it could change depending on the storm that's swirling off the coast and the jet stream coming in from the west. We are in a winter weather watch.

Keep checking WMUR.com.

But, we are in New Hampshire and we aren't afraid of snow. The roads get cleared pretty well and the airport does a great job of cleaning up the snow.

We are leaving home at 6am Friday...was planning on stopping in Freeport for some quick shopping and be at the hotel in Manchester by 6/7 pm. Manchester is a 9 1/2 hours drive.

Thank you for the weather link :)

[quote name='RainbowsMist;

We are leaving home at 6am Friday...was planning on stopping in Freeport for some quick shopping and be at the hotel in Manchester by 6/7 pm. Manchester is a 9 1/2 hours drive. Thank you for the weather link :)]

We live in Manchester near the end of the east-west runway of the airport.

Here's another link you might want to keep an eye on http://flymanchester.com/.

If you are going to leave your car at the airport while you are gone' date=' there are two long term lots with shuttles to the actual terminal. Hope you got one of the better hotel's here in town. Trip advisor is pretty accurate on the ratings. Fly safe and well

panamatiger[/color']

I just love how they have 2 models now, as if it gives them an excuse if they get it wrong, which lately, that's all they do.

Well if you had to travel from Eastern Long Island it was a problem "last snowstorm", we were hit with 31"

:cool:

We are leaving home at 6am Friday...was planning on stopping in Freeport for some quick shopping and be at the hotel in Manchester by 6/7 pm. Manchester is a 9 1/2 hours drive.

Thank you for the weather link :)

We've been downgraded to 3-6" from Thursday night into Friday morning. You'll be fine.

Safe travels.

There are a lot more than two models. Meteorology isn't an exact science and likely won't be in our lifetimes. Your average local weather forecast is a blend of historical averages and model output, with each meteorologist favoring his favorite model and considering the rest.

Archived