N.E. Snow Storm

Shipbound

To the poster traveling from Nova Scotia to Manchester, NH - we live a bit south of Bangor, ME and there is not that much snow forecasted at all - I don't think you are going to hit much of anything until you hit the Portland area. Wow - driving 9 1/2 hours is a long ways - but bet you are saving a ton.

We wanted to do a 7-day cruise in late March but the airfare was so high - almost as much as the balcony cabin for 2!! We have settled for a 4-day and fly Tuesday to the following Wednesday with pre-post hotels.

We were in Miami, FL during those mid-90's snowstorms - think they even closed the Atlanta airport. We were sailing on the Celebration and think there were about 500 passengers who missed the sail away and that was even after we waited a few hours beyond normal sail time.

To our "neighbor" OP on the way soon

From WMUR TV here in Manchester 6pm

Snow from the approaching storm arrives Thursday during the morning hours. The storm will be well to our south, but spiral bands wrapping around it will bring precipitation and some wind (gusts to 35mph) for tomorrow and right into the midday hours of Friday as the storm briefly stalls to our southwest.

It will be a wet snow that will make it tough to accumulate during the daylight hours on Thursday with temps above freezing (maybe an inch or two in areas even though it could be lightly snowing all day.)

Most of the accumulation (3-6" for southern NH, 1-3" in central NH and a spotty coating up north) will fall Thursday night and early Friday morning.

Drive safely and have a great cruise

If you can drop a line here to say you made it

panamatiger

Well if you had to travel from Eastern Long Island it was a problem "last snowstorm", we were hit with 31"

:cool:

Yup. I understand Medford, which is one town over from where I'm lived, got something like 31", and the record snowfall. Yet the model I saw had them getting 16".

Update on the poster from Nova Scotia - I just watched the Portland ME weather - your trip on Friday should be fine - clouds and wind - flying out Saturday should be clear. Enjoy Freeport shopping!

Thank you so much :-)

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

A strong coastal storm will continue to drift slowly well to our south. The large size of this storm means that some of its effects will be felt right here in NH through tomorrow.

First...the snow...Snow will fall at varying intensities over central and southern NH tonight into Friday morning, before tapering off by afternoon. The heaviest will fall in southern NH with 3-6" likely by late morning tomorrow. Some of the higher elevations west of Manchester could see a spot 7 or 8 inch amount. Much lighter amounts of snow(a coating to an inch) will fall from the northern White Mts and points north, with 1-3" in the southern White Mts south to the northern Lakes Region. In spots that get close to a half a foot of wet snow, scattered power outages will be possible early tomorrow.

About the wind....North/Northeasterly winds will gust to between 25-35 mph at times right through Friday with the highest winds along the coast. A few scattered power outages are possible due to wind, in southeastern areas of NH.

This storm finally pulls away later Friday into Friday Night with a very nice weekend to follow!

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/weather/text-forecast#ixzz2Muh0Vj5i

Drive safe on Friday

panamatiger

A strong coastal storm will continue to drift slowly well to our south. The large size of this storm means that some of its effects will be felt right here in NH through tomorrow.

First...the snow...Snow will fall at varying intensities over central and southern NH tonight into Friday morning, before tapering off by afternoon. The heaviest will fall in southern NH with 3-6" likely by late morning tomorrow. Some of the higher elevations west of Manchester could see a spot 7 or 8 inch amount. Much lighter amounts of snow(a coating to an inch) will fall from the northern White Mts and points north, with 1-3" in the southern White Mts south to the northern Lakes Region. In spots that get close to a half a foot of wet snow, scattered power outages will be possible early tomorrow.

About the wind....North/Northeasterly winds will gust to between 25-35 mph at times right through Friday with the highest winds along the coast. A few scattered power outages are possible due to wind, in southeastern areas of NH.

This storm finally pulls away later Friday into Friday Night with a very nice weekend to follow!

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/weather/text-forecast#ixzz2Muh0Vj5i

Drive safe on Friday

panamatiger

It is still snowing in Ct, Manchester has got around 6 inches with 5-8 more before this thing ends, they got the snow totals wrong on this one!!!!!!

Archived