Bed Question

Hi All,

I'm trying to convince my brother and his wife to do a family cruise next April 2014 on EOS. He's never cruised before and is a little hesitant since he only does the all-inclusive type vacations. He's already balking because the beds in the cabins are either twin or made into a queen. :rolleyes: He has a king-sized bed at home. He feels the queen will be too small for him and his wife. I told him he could just do the twin bed thing. He wanted to know if it would be big enough for him. I said yes but got to thinking..."is it?" He's about 6'2 and 200 lbs. Do you think he would sleep ok? I want to put his concerns to rest. YES I know what a silly thing, I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe he just doesn't want to cruise and is looking for excuses. :eek: Thanks for you any input you can give, especially those of you who are very tall. Would greatly appreciate your opinions or recommendations to make my brother comfortable. Happy Cruising!

If he's already freaking out about the beds I'd hate to see what he thinks of the cabin size! :D

I believe two twins equal a king in width, just a little shorter in length. DH is 6'2 and he didn't have any issues at all. Slept like a baby.

Good luck!

Hi All,

I'm trying to convince my brother and his wife to do a family cruise next April 2014 on EOS. He's never cruised before and is a little hesitant since he only does the all-inclusive type vacations. He's already balking because the beds in the cabins are either twin or made into a queen. :rolleyes: He has a king-sized bed at home. He feels the queen will be too small for him and his wife. I told him he could just do the twin bed thing. He wanted to know if it would be big enough for him. I said yes but got to thinking..."is it?" He's about 6'2 and 200 lbs. Do you think he would sleep ok? I want to put his concerns to rest. YES I know what a silly thing, I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe he just doesn't want to cruise and is looking for excuses. :eek: Thanks for you any input you can give, especially those of you who are very tall. Would greatly appreciate your opinions or recommendations to make my brother comfortable. Happy Cruising!

We have a king bed at home and while I don't think the beds on the ship make up a king when they are pushed together, they are definitely bigger than a queen. We have never thought the beds on the ship were too small for us, not as roomy as home, but not an issue.

Thanks Ladies, and yes I know he's not going to make this easy. :rolleyes: I'm hoping once he's on board and busy having a good time, he'll be ok. The other family members have all cruised before and really want to go. He is our "HOLD OUT" :cool:

Thanks Ladies, and yes I know he's not going to make this easy. :rolleyes: I'm hoping once he's on board and busy having a good time, he'll be ok. The other family members have all cruised before and really want to go. He is our "HOLD OUT" :cool:

Leave him home.

Then why not book the cruise with everyone else, offer him the chance to go, and tell him you'll miss him if he doesn't go, but you'll all still enjoy the cruise? I never understand why families let one person overrule everyone else.

Leave him home.

Then why not book the cruise with everyone else, offer him the chance to go, and tell him you'll miss him if he doesn't go, but you'll all still enjoy the cruise? I never understand why families let one person overrule everyone else.

Both great ideas! :D:cool: He is the type of person that doesn't like change. I think once he has some time to mull it over, he'll start asking me questions and will go. It's still a year away, we will all work on him. If not, YES he can stay home and we can all go. Hehehehe!

I am also 6ft 2 and have never had a bad night sleep on RC. Except that one single night i went to bed early and my room was under the pool deck and everyone was doing the cuban shuffle above me lol.

I am also 6ft 2 and have never had a bad night sleep on RC. Except that one single night i went to bed early and my room was under the pool deck and everyone was doing the cuban shuffle above me lol.

Good to know, hehehe

Hi All,

My DH is 6'3 and 315 he and I had the beds together with no problems. I'm not exactly small either. Short but spread out on the sides :) We have a King at home and we don't notice a change at all.

My concern would be as someone else pointed out...cabin size. Sure you sell him on the bed (Son 6'4" & 220# and had a great time with his wife) but make sure her checks out some cabin pics and won't be in for a shock when the door opens. The cabin is not really all that important as the ship provides the fun. An all inclusive (been there) can offer anything from a nice hotel type room/suite to a lovely cabana beach side. BUT it cannot go to a different port if bad weather rolls in! I had to spend several very high dollar days with 400 others in a boarded up dning area sleeping on a sheet while 2 B2B nasty tropical storms slammed the resort. I had one of the lovely cabanas right on the beach with the beautiful ocean view for 2 nights and 1 day before being rounded up and sent to the safe zone. Insurance didn't do a hoot because we never left the resort! Couldn't have, roads closed, trees down, homes destroyed, no water, to toilets, no showers...talk about memories!!!! A cruise can still give you a great vacation even when you wake up to a storm in one port, tomorrow you will have sunshine!!! Good luck. Have that backup plan firmly in place, go without him...

I'm 6'4 270ish and have never had a problem, even in a standard oceanciew on the Majesty. If he's already complaining about the beds (that he's never actually expereinced) then don't bother trying to convince him. Nothing worse than traveling with a pain in the A. :cool:

Hi All,

I'm 6/5 and 255 and yes he should be fine. I have never had a prob, and I don't normaly sleep well but on ship no problem man.:)

Thanks for all the information, very helpful. I am thinking he would be ok in a Junior Suite which to me is equivalent to a typical hotel room. Plus the tub/shower combo and walk in closet are great. Will let you all know what happens. Should be very interesting! :p:rolleyes:

Archived