Just back from our first Royal Caribbean cruise

Bocadude85

That is not a lie. RCI uses a facial recognition system so all your photos can be located if you purchase a CD. They scan your SeaPass on that first picture.

Regardless the welcome aboard photo is not mandatory like the photographers were telling people. I verified this with guest services since we did not have our photo taken.

I will say I found the food on all cruise lines to be somewhat disappointing and not living up to expectations so food is not our main criteria for judging cruise lines and ships.

Ditto that! We've been on Costa, Carnival and NCL, and I thought the food on all of them was just "ok," but nobody ever went hungry. I will say, I am always the most disappointed by desserts. I am a good cook and a very good baker, so I'm difficult to please when it comes to meals. So we base our cruise decisions on ports and amenities.

Ditto that! We've been on Costa, Carnival and NCL, and I thought the food on all of them was just "ok," but nobody ever went hungry. I will say, I am always the most disappointed by desserts. I am a good cook and a very good baker, so I'm difficult to please when it comes to meals. So we base our cruise decisions on ports and amenities.

Thank you. I think too many cruise passengers specially first timers think cruising today is like what they see on TV and in the movies and that all meals will be 4 or 5 star quality. Individual food tastes vary so much that no matter what is served someone will not like the food and leave a meal unhappy. We took a HAL cruise with my SIL and BIL and my BIL is one of the pickiest eaters I have ever been around. He only eats beef and potatoes every night and doesn't like any thing "fancy". He will not eat chicken or most seafood and likes only pasta with red meat sauce. He complained the whole cruise about how the food was inedible and just too fancy, the rest of us thought the food was great. After diner most nights he would head to the grill by the pool to get a hamburger which he thought was the best food on the ship. This particular HAL cruise had the best MDR food of any cruise we have been on to date. Had my BIL been on CC he would have posted a very negative review of our cruise as he let his negativity about the food cloud his enjoyment of the rest of the cruise.

Archived