British Isle Cruise Tour

melody hounddog

I am doing it in May. Would love to know the answer as well, but I am comitted to it at this point. If all else fails I will report back when I return in May. When are you thinking of doing it.

I am doing this in August...I have communicated with 2 people who have done it as recently as last year...if you e-mail me off line I will be happy to share their comments with you...jtamchayatyahoodotcom

I am doing it in May. Would love to know the answer as well, but I am comitted to it at this point. If all else fails I will report back when I return in May. When are you thinking of doing it.

I would love to hear back from you in May. We are thinking of doing it in July of 2014. Either that or time in London.

Can you send me a link for thsi cruise tour? We are going to book British Isles for summer 2014...i'd be interested in more info. We did an Alaskan Cruise tour with princess last June and it was amazing.

We are booking for July 2014. The prices won't be out until March 14, but here is the itinerary for this summer to get an idea:

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.page?voyageCode=B326&itinCode=RBS1223E03&tourCode=T3E03&trade=R&date=&noOfPax=2&resType=T&ship=&bID=PCDIR&meta=I&ppax=false&itinPort=&tourIds=&duration=&tourdur=&orderBy=&filterBy=&order=

Thanks everyone for your help. I think we will skip the tour portion and just do the cruise. We are planning on flying out early and spending 4 days in London. I have loads of family there that I haven't seen in 12 years.:eek: I use to head to London every other year. Where did time go? Oh yea, kids!

Sea Day Cruiser...could you give us an overall review of the land tour as you lived it. I am doing this tour in August and have some commentary from others. Please describe your opinion of amount of time spent on the bus vs. actual time to explore what you were seeing?

We actually will be in Ireland for a week before we head to the cruise portion. I am not sure we are good bus people but we do want to see that particular area and my husband refuses to drive on the wrong side of the road.

We are going to spend a few days in Galway area before the Princess land tour.

thanks

I am doing this in August...I have communicated with 2 people who have done it as recently as last year...if you e-mail me off line I will be happy to share their comments with you...jtamchayatyahoodotcom

Just sent you an email...it's from "angela"

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Also, I just looked at your other link...the blog with list of Private tours.

WOW!

This will be our first cruise/tour in Europe..my fist time any where in Europe, hubby has been for work a couple of times.

It is a bucket list trip, and visitng the places of our ancestors..like many who take this trip.

Do ALL of the rollcalls organize independant tours etc for these kinds of trips? If so I can't wait to be a part of it...for a newbie it will make it so much easier to glean from those who have been before or know someone who has and it will help us to make best use of our time in port.

We are Canadian, and will do Normany and I notices there was one tour you had listed for the British and Canadian sites...not sure if I would have found something like that on my own!

Thank you for posting the link...can I follow the blog even though I am not on that trip? I would love to hear how everything went once you travel and come back...and find out from those who did the Cdn specifi tour how it was.

I am very glad I will have almost a year and a half to plan this one...I think I am going to need it!

Angela

We did the Ring of Kerry tour last June and really enjoyed it. We had a great guide. I'm not sure what kind of information you want other than that it was definitely a worthwhile tour. If you post specific questions I will try to answer them.

Just discovered this cruise/tour on Tuesday...got back from our Eastern Carribean cruise Monday lol

So at early early stages of research.

If you know of any reviews and can post a link...that would be great

What were the main points of interest at each stop?

How much "free" time was there?

What were the lodgings like?

Did you fly to Eng. and then go to the starting point in Ireland..or fly to Ireland direct? What were the logistics like...connections, etc.

How many were on the tour? was the coach full?

Did you find there was enough time at each stop to really enjoy it or was it too rushed?

We did an Alaskan cruise tour last June and it was great, but there are a few things we said we would research better for future tours...time in the bus driving, and actual time at each stop being the biggest.

Thanks

Angela

check your e-mail...anyone can see the blog and yes most organize private tours...size being a factor along with lower costs. Get on your roll call early because most of the private tours for our August cruise were booked by December 31, 2012 for August 2013...

We are Canadian, and will do Normany and I notices there was one tour you had listed for the British and Canadian sites...not sure if I would have found something like that on my own!

Angela

I am leading the Canadain/British Normandy tour on the August 16 that you mentioned. I may end up cancelling this tour as there are not many Canadians and British on our cruise to have a 8 passenger van. I have contacted the tour company to see if others have inquired about this tour with them and there is not alot of demand for this tour. Contact the tour company early and post on your Roll Call, no deposit is required just a credit card to hold the booking.

I am leading the Canadain/British Normandy tour on the August 16 that you mentioned. I may end up cancelling this tour as there are not many Canadians and British on our cruise to have a 8 passenger van. I have contacted the tour company to see if others have inquired about this tour with them and there is not alot of demand for this tour. Contact the tour company early and post on your Roll Call, no deposit is required just a credit card to hold the booking.

Thanks for the info...I thought there would bemore Cdns on the ship.

I will take note of your suggestions when the time comes for me to book. Hopefully you will get a few more before you have to cancel!

Angela

I have a review of our land tour in Ireland. I think it's too long to post here. I would be glad to send it to anyone in an email if you leave your email address for me.

Karen

jtamchayatyahoodotcom

Jo,

You'll love Kerry. A beautiful area of Ireland. We drove around ourselves and also went to Dingle which is breathtaking. Enjoy Ireland. They Irish are a wonderful lot.

• 10 months later...

I am not sure I still have it, but if you do not get a reply post here again and I will see if I can find the one that I receive. I went in May last year and there were 18 in our group which was a wonderful size. We all got along and not one person I would not have been happy to sit down with and have a drink or dinner. I have now done two cruise tours and both have exceeded my expectations. Even though we had some rain it was always at times that did not interfere with what we were doing. The hotels were very good and conveniently located. I really enjoyed it.