Upgrade at the Pier - How much?

Before I get the "next to impossible, nothing left"

I just got off the phone with my rep who works for Royal. My sailing in 2 days has a few suites left, and she was told if you ask, they will have upgrades available for a reduced rate at the pier, if you get there early.

She does not know how much.

Has anyone done this? Were they decent prices for upgrades?

before i get the "next to impossible, nothing left"

i just got off the phone with my rep who works for royal. My sailing in 2 days has a few suites left, and she was told if you ask, they will have upgrades available for a reduced rate at the pier, if you get there early.

$10

This used to be possible on occasions; it has been at least a couple of years since I heard anybody successfully do this though. The pier coordinator is the person to ask to see (after you check in, but before you board), but keep your hopes tempered.

If you want the upgrade, you may want to book it now. When we first started crusing, we tried that theory many times. I guarantee they will tell you the ship is sailing full and you can check with guest relations after the ship sails.

Before I get the "next to impossible, nothing left"

I just got off the phone with my rep who works for Royal. My sailing in 2 days has a few suites left, and she was told if you ask, they will have upgrades available for a reduced rate at the pier, if you get there early.

If you want an upgrade, you need to call and pay for it now. Suites go at the last minute to D+ and up members.

There won't be any upgrades at the pier

We have not seen this happen in many many years. After the 9/11 attack, it was easier to get these upgrades but then the fear of travel wore off and RCI kinda got tired of giving these suites away. Yes, today they seem to offer them to various passengers.

Several times we were fortunate to get an OS or GS under the OLD SYSTEM for $400! The prices were based on the category that you booked and paid for versus the category that was available. So going from a JS to a GS/OS cost less than getting a pier upgrade from a balcony to a GS/OS. If you do a search for cost of pier upgrades you may find an OLD pricelist.

BUT DO NOT expect to see this happen. As noted...you will probably be advised that the ship is sailing full or ask at Guest Relations. On ship, the price tends to be the actual price difference between the categories. Anything is possible but do not count on it.

It does still happen. We had some friends in January on the Liberty of the Seas ship that went from a balcony to a GS just because they asked.

Of course, there are 'paid' upgrades as well. If they sign is up that says "ship is sailing full, no upgrades", ask anyway. Ask the pier coordinator and then the guest services desk. The worst that can happen is they so know.

Have a great time!

Archived