Connecting doors on Eclipse

NoobCruise

I've been doing dummy bookings with an online TA to give DH price options. We'll actually book after taxes are done. Most of the options this site is giving have connecting doors, which we don't need. How much noise can you hear through that door compared to a regular cabin?

Connecting doors on the S class ships are not right through a wall inside the cabin. So you will hear no extra noise through a connecting door. The cabins connect through a small pocket and a set of doors off of the main hallway.

I was on Eclipse in January in a cabin that could be made into a connecting cabin. As the OP said it isn't like a hotel with the door in the wall. What you actually have is two outer doors that can be closed from the hallway so that you can leave the standard cabin door(s) open to the newly created vestibule.

I did not notice any more noise in my room (did not know my neighbors) that any other state room. No worries. Should be fine.

I've been doing dummy bookings with an online TA to give DH price options. We'll actually book after taxes are done. Most of the options this site is giving have connecting doors, which we don't need. How much noise can you hear through that door compared to a regular cabin?

If you are not actually connecting, the only difference from a connecting stateroom from a non-connecting stateroom is that the connecting stateroom door opens into the cabin (for obvious reasions if you were to connect), and a non-connecting stateroom the door opens out into the alcove.

Now, Reflection is a totally different animal. :)

Archived