Jetblue changed my return flight too early??

dseres

I always make sure I fly into the port city the day before, as to avoid any delays or mishaps when booking my cruises. But today I got a call from Jetblue saying they changed our FLL to NYC flight after the cruise to 12 noon! Is that going to be a problem from Port Evergades?? Don't know why it didn't occur to me that that could happen ugh...

A noon flight is very doable out of FLL coming from port everglades. Although I've never flown JetBlue, any time I have felt a flight was changed that wouldn't work with my cruise I've been able to contact the airline and they change to another flight with better times at no charge to me.

I always make sure I fly into the port city the day before, as to avoid any delays or mishaps when booking my cruises. But today I got a call from Jetblue saying they changed our FLL to NYC flight after the cruise to 12 noon! Is that going to be a problem from Port Evergades?? Don't know why it didn't occur to me that that could happen ugh...

The port is not even 10 minutes to the airport. Request to be one of the first called off the ship. When you get off the ship and walk into the luggage terminal, hold up a 5 or 10 and a luggage porter will come right over, find your bags (they do this very quickly) get you and your bags out the door and will have you a taxi in no time. Noon is a perfect time. Do this and you wont have an issue. :) No worries

A noon flight is very doable out of FLL coming from port everglades. Although I've never flown JetBlue, any time I have felt a flight was changed that wouldn't work with my cruise I've been able to contact the airline and they change to another flight with better times at no charge to me.

You will not have to drag your bags off yourself. Just request the first group disembarking. You will be fine.

Spirit Airlines changed my flight too. They changed it 3 times before they finally cancelled it. Issued a refund on January 30 to my carnival card which I have yet to have posted. I thought that if they changed the date without offering a refund that travel insurance would cover it. Only if you buy cancel for any reason. Anyway i now have a new flight leaving at 300 out of Houston and I am worried about having enough time even then. We are cruising on the Triumph in April. Hope everything works out for both of us.

ditto what she said. :) You should have no issue with a 12:00 flight, however if it makes you nervouse, just call Jet Blue. They will change your flight for you.

Spirit Airlines changed my flight too. They changed it 3 times before they finally cancelled it. Issued a refund on January 30 to my carnival card which I have yet to have posted. I thought that if they changed the date without offering a refund that travel insurance would cover it. Only if you buy cancel for any reason. Anyway i now have a new flight leaving at 300 out of Houston and I am worried about having enough time even then. We are cruising on the Triumph in April. Hope everything works out for both of us.

is the Triumph even going to be back in service in April? assuming it is, a 3pm flight out of either Houston airport you will be fine.

Called carnival yesterday they said its a go. My pvp agreed. Triumph scheduled to dock at 830 when we come back to port. i fly out of IAH at 300. I think I have more time than OP before flight. Hopefully we both make our flights.

Called carnival yesterday they said its a go. My pvp agreed. Triumph scheduled to dock at 830 when we come back to port. i fly out of IAH at 300. I think I have more time than OP before flight. Hopefully we both make our flights.

As long as you dock on time you will be fine. It is only about 75 miles to IAH so you should be there by noon at the latest and be sitting in whichever terminal by noon.

Definitely not a problem with a noon take-off. Safe yourself a little headache and check-in with the airline on-line the day before. I don't know if Carnival offers the valet service that Royal does, but if they do, use it. They check you in with the airline, print your boarding passes, and take your luggage to the airport.

A noon flight won't be any problem. They ussally have the last passenager off the Freedom by 10. And if the shutlle driver takes the long way around and you are going to his last stop at the airport might take you 20 mins.

We flew out at noon on our last cruise and had plenty of spare time sitting at the airport.

However, if you don't want that flight, call jetblue. I have had airlines change ours too and the times did not work. I called, explained that I picked the flight time I wanted when I bought those tickets. I wanted a different flight and I was not paying a price difference. No problem.

The port is not even 10 minutes to the airport. Request to be one of the first called off the ship. When you get off the ship and walk into the luggage terminal, hold up a 5 or 10 and a luggage porter will come right over, find your bags (they do this very quickly) get you and your bags out the door and will have you a taxi in no time. Noon is a perfect time. Do this and you wont have an issue. :) No worries

OP - the noon flight should be no problem. We just cruised in January & flew out of FLL with an 11:30 flight. We're Platinum so we were in zone 1. However, there was a glitch at customs (computers down) & it took us 1-1/2 hours to get through & out the door.

The underlined & highlighted part in the above quote is because rules have changed at Port Everglades. Porters were in line behind us. They no longer have a separate line & cannot cut in front of anybody.

We used a porter last year (2012) in Tampa & it was fantastic. We were in a very short line for customs.

FLL is so close to Port Everglades that the ships are visible from inside the airport and the planes are visible from the ship.

The last time we flew/sailed from the area, the ride was less than 10 minutes and the cab fare was $12. A noon flight will not be a problem, as long as the ship gets into port on time.

We've flown in/out of FLL for Miami sailings and had 11:30 flights. Even with the 30 minute ride from the port to the airport, we still made it with too much time to spare.

The highest disembark number the OP can request is zone two - zone one is reserved for Diamond and Platinum passengers. When they call the last self-assist group, the OP should exit the ship with them, go through the customs process (get their bags, grab a porter, head over to the porter line, show passports/declaration forms), and grab the first cab possible. Of course, all of this is a moot point if the ship docks late for any reason, such as weather or a medical emergency that might have caused the ship to divert to another port.

Best of luck, and hopefully everything will work out fine!

Archived