NYC Parking

Glamourgal

The last time we were in NYC we headed to the garage and found a porter up there just after parking the car and he took our bags and we were on our way.

For anyone who has recently cruised out of NYC can you tell me what our best policy would be at this time, if anything has changed? We are a party of four adults.

Also, coming from the Lincoln Tunnel what are the best directions for the easiest way to get to the parking area??

The last time we were in NYC we headed to the garage and found a porter up there just after parking the car and he took our bags and we were on our way.

For anyone who has recently cruised out of NYC can you tell me what our best policy would be at this time, if anything has changed? We are a party of four adults.

Also, coming from the Lincoln Tunnel what are the best directions for the easiest way to get to the parking area??

from the lincoln tunnel the best way is as follows: stay left when exiting the tunnel then turn left onto either 41st or 42nd street, go one block to 10th avenue and make a right. follow 10th avenue to 55th street. make a left onto 55th street and follow 55th street to the port.

from the lincoln tunnel the best way is as follows: stay left when exiting the tunnel then turn left onto either 41st or 42nd street, go one block to 10th avenue and make a right. follow 10th avenue to 55th street. make a left onto 55th street and follow 55th street to the port.

Thanks so much boo214:)...I've copied and pasted the above directions in to a Word doc that I will take with me!!

Do you know think we should all head to the parking garage and then find a porter as we did the previous time...that worked like a charm but things seem to change from cruise to cruise so I want to know if that is our best scenario??

Thanks Again!!:)

Thanks so much boo214:)...I've copied and pasted the above directions in to a Word doc that I will take with me!!

Do you know think we should all head to the parking garage and then find a porter as we did the previous time...that worked like a charm but things seem to change from cruise to cruise so I want to know if that is our best scenario??

Thanks Again!!:)

Go directly to the parking lot. There aren't always porters up there, but if there aren't, it's very easy to take your luggage with you down one level on the large elevator to the check in level where you definitely will find porters.

If you drive to the check in level first you won't be able to drive directly up to the parking lot. You'll have to exit the cruise terminal and swing back north on 12th Ave. to reenter the terminal at 55th St, which can take a considerable amount of time if traffic is heavy.

By the way, there's an alternate route to the cruise terminal you should be aware of in case traffic is tied up on 10th Ave. Instead of making a right turn onto 10th Ave, continue west on 41st St or 42nd St until you reach 12th Ave. Make a right onto 12th Ave. and continue north on 12th until you reach 55th St. Make a left turn at 55th and 12th into the cruise terminal entrance.

Go directly to the parking lot. There aren't always porters up there, but if there aren't, it's very easy to take your luggage with you down one level on the large elevator to the check in level where you definitely will find porters.

Thanks so much njhorseman!!:) This is how it was for our last cruise and we were lucky enough to find a porter but it does sound easy enough if we do not!! We usually get there around the time people are disembarking, 10-10:30 so I think that is why the porters were up there.

Also thanks for the alternate directions for the port...great to know!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

This is great info! I'm going to be driving solo from Philly into NYC in Sept. I'm meeting my travel buddy there. I'm not sure which way I'll come into the city. Any suggestions are welcome. :) I was wondering about the parking and luggage. Sounds like my best bet is to drive straight to parking garage and get a porter there. Or carry it if I need to. I should be able to manage on my own.

This is great info! I'm going to be driving solo from Philly into NYC in Sept. I'm meeting my travel buddy there. I'm not sure which way I'll come into the city. Any suggestions are welcome. :) I was wondering about the parking and luggage. Sounds like my best bet is to drive straight to parking garage and get a porter there. Or carry it if I need to. I should be able to manage on my own.

coming from philly your best bet would be the holland tunnel (NJ Turnpike exit 14A). stay right thru the tunnel and when you exit the tunnel take exit 1 (West st., rte. 9A). go straight (Laight st.) 3 blocks to the end (West st) and make a right. follow West street (stay center to avoid forkoffs for 10th and 11th aves) which will become 12th Ave to 55th street and make a left into the port.

Archived