Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

We just got off the Sun (1-July), and they had modified the package to say that any martini $8.75 and under was included. This was a change from the previous week. We did back to back and bought the UBP for both 7 night cruises.

OHHHH, this is very good news! Better adding something then taking it away.

I do love to have a flavored martini after dinner and will now add one each evening.

Thank you.

good info,

question.... do you have to purchase the drink package for the entire stay? or can we simply buy for the days we decide to stay on board?

you have to purchase for the length of the cruise & for each person in the room, if 1 gets the ultimate all adults have to get it.

we are taking our sodastream & I have seen others who bring enough soda for their day at sea then buy more soda in port. depends on how much alcohol &/or soda you prefer to tell which option would suit you best

For anyone that has recently purchased the UBP, what was the final price?

I am purchasing it and just wanted to have a better idea of what I am spending.

I believe with tips included it was about $400 per person. Is that correct?

Thank you.

We have two cabins, with two reservation numbers, with my wife and I in seperate cabins with kids. Do we both still need to purchase the UBP? Any way around it,as I know I wont drink my $$ worth.

Thanks.

For anyone that has recently purchased the UBP, what was the final price?

I am purchasing it and just wanted to have a better idea of what I am spending.

I believe with tips included it was about $400 per person. Is that correct?

Thank you.

I haven't purchased it yet but i believe the exact price for a 7 night cruise is $394.45/person.

We have two cabins, with two reservation numbers, with my wife and I in seperate cabins with kids. Do we both still need to purchase the UBP? Any way around it,as I know I wont drink my $$ worth.

Thanks.

If the reservations are tied together, yes you both have to purchase it, also, the kids are required to get the soda package if old enough.

so you pay on second day for a 7 day drink pkg so your really only getting 6 days ? am I doing that right cause last day your off the ship early before noon and someone said they don't credit you for the first day

Sunday through Saturday is 7 days. I dont know why anyone that wanted to purchase would wait until second day bits actually my FIRST thing to do when I board this Sunday lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you sign up the second day they charge you for the full week. So, if you are going to buy it it really should be the first day. Once you get on board you will be able to view the bar menues and get a better idea if it is right for you.

Enjoy

We board on fri aug 30th and from what ive read here you can not get it on first day they offer it second day so like i said that would Be 6 days cause last day fri you are off ship before noon

Your post is the first time I have read that you cannot get the package the first day. I have been reading everything on the UBP since Im purchasing it. Are you sure this is correct and please let us have the link since if it is coming from NCL I may have to reconsider.

Thanks so much!

Your post is the first time I have read that you cannot get the package the first day. I have been reading everything on the UBP since Im purchasing it. Are you sure this is correct and please let us have the link since if it is coming from NCL I may have to reconsider.

Thanks so much!

Trust me you can get it the first day in fact you have to pay for the first day and it is 7 days never 6 ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Trust me you can get it the first day in fact you have to pay for the first day and it is 7 days never 6 ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Thank you! I never heard a drink package starting on the second day. We plan on boarding the ship, going straight to the Atrium Bar and purchasing our UBP AND a drink! Then walk over to set up our iConcierge. Then back to Atrium bar for a drink lol

Thanks so much!

We board on fri aug 30th and from what ive read here you can not get it on first day they offer it second day so like i said that would Be 6 days cause last day fri you are off ship before noon

I wouldn't put any stock into that. You can purchase it before you even get on the ship so I'm positive you can buy it on the first day.

We purchased the UBP on our Epic cruise this past February. It was available for purchase day 1 or day 2, but even if paying on day 2, you paid for the entire week.

That is exactly how I have been reading everything. Thank you.

I'll be purchasing it this Sunday!!!

I spoke to NCL today who said it isn't advertised for EU Sailings but can be purchased over the phone so happy days :-)

Just wish I knew that in April when we went on the Spirit!

Hi Baby Jayne

Was it the NCL UK number you called? Did they charge in $$ or £s? If £s how much did they charge.

thanks

i've been reading other forums on this topic and it seems you need to be in a group of 20 to buy this package:

Here's a link to NCL's group drink packages:

http://www.events.ncl.com/assets/doc...vProgrREV3.pdf

If you don't want to click through:

The Freestyler’s - Only $46 per guest/per day*

When you don’t want to give it a second thought, choose The Freestyler’s – unlimited house and call brand spirits, domestic beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable. One plan, plenty of choices.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated premium brands (subject to change), import beer, mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

The Freestyler’s Premium - Only $56 per guest/per day*

If premium beverages are more your style, choose The Freestyler’s Premium – unlimited spirits from the most popular premium labels, domestic and import beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated super premium and ultra premium brands (subject to change), mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

Viva Vino Wine Package - 20% discount on total purchase

If tasting a variety of different wines at every dinner is your preference, join the Wine Lovers and enjoy the experience of wines from different regions, countries and grapes every evening.

*Available only for purchase on board. Package requirements depend on the length of the cruise. For example, a 7 day cruise will require a pre-selection of 6 to 8 bottles.

Freestyle Refresh

Unlimited Fountain Soda - $6.25 (adult & teens), $4.00 (children) per guest/per day

Only Norwegian Cruise Line and Pepsi® know how to refresh you in a way that lasts for the entire cruise. And it all starts with signing up for the Freestyle Refresh program with Pepsi® and NCL. No need to carry around your cash or credit card. And absolutely no chance of EVER being thirsty.

*Includes unlimited fountain Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist and Soda Water. Partial packages or pricing is not available. Brands subject to availability.

And here are the all-important Terms and Conditions:

Terms & Conditions:

• All members of the group must be of legal drinking age. (Excluding Freestyle Refresh)

• Outside of US territorial waters (3 miles), minimum drinking age is 18 years old for Beer and Wine, with the written consent of a parent or guardian traveling on the vessel. Without written consent, then the minimum drinking age is 21 years old.

• While in US port or within the territorial waters of a US state, the minimum drink age is 21 years old.

• All prices are per guest, per day - subject to change.

• The Freestyler’s and Freestyler’s Premium must be purchased for ALL guests in a group.

• Twenty-guest minimum required (children under the legal drinking age do not count as part of the group).

• All prices are inclusive of gratuity.

• All prices and selections are subject to change, without prior notice.

• Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.

• Packages must be purchased for entire length of cruise.

quote.gif

Excuse me if this has already been asked, but do they limit the amount of drinks you can purchase in a certain time frame?

Let's say I buy the UBP for my cabin (wife and I) and have my friends staying in another who don't buy it. Am I able to get two beers at a time from my card and wife's card, drop them off, and go to another bar and get two more beers for our friends? This way we split the cost of the package and then it is definitely worth it.

Does the system lock you out if they see you purchased 4 beers in 5 minutes?

Thanks

That's called getting something for which you didn't pay for... also known as stealing. People who scam the system bring up the cost for everyone else.

Edited by defreitasm

You can even by it before you board the ship

This should answer most of your questions:

Ultimate Beverage Package

56 USD/day

Liquor (see list attached)

Beer (up to US $ 5.50)

Wine by the glass (up to US $ 10.00)

Water

Juice

Soft Drinks

at all Bars & Lounges and Restaurants

Not included

Bottled water

Fresh squeezed juice

Specialty coffee

Energy Drinks

Mini bar drinks

Does anyone know if the price limits are including the gratutity? For example wine up to 10 dollars.