Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

We were planning on taking the package to simplify things, but now realize this probably wont allow us to include a decent bottle of wine at dinner - so if we have to purchase that as an extra it makes the package less attractive - especially on days we spend ashore.

We were planning on taking the package to simplify things, but now realize this probably wont allow us to include a decent bottle of wine at dinner - so if we have to purchase that as an extra it makes the package less attractive - especially on days we spend ashore.

I always got a bottle or two at dinner in the past that my table mates helped consume. My wine bill was always far more then the UBP. We all got the UBP last time and there are some decent wines buy the glass. Bring one to dinner and order another one or two with dinner. 5 glasses of Pinot Noir with lunch and dinner @ $9.75 plus 15% more then pays for the UBP. Any other beverages are a bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

It really burns me that I have to buy a soda package for my daughter who doesn't drink soda. If it included bottled water I wouldn't mind but it doesn't so that means if I want UBP I have to pay apx 50 dollars more. Just doesn't seem right but I understand why they are doing it.

I am having the same problem with this package. My six year old daughter does not drink soda at all. I really want to buy the package, but it is such a waste for a six year old to have to buy this.

I am having the same problem with this package. My six year old daughter does not drink soda at all. I really want to buy the package, but it is such a waste for a six year old to have to buy this.

I'm not sure the UBP is the right choice if I was cruising with my kid when she was 6.

I'm not sure the UBP is the right choice if I was cruising with my kid when she was 6.

I don't plan on drinking more with UBP..... I used to order whatever I felt like having prior to UBP. Just trying to save some money

I don't plan on drinking more with UBP..... I used to order whatever I felt like having prior to UBP. Just trying to save some money

You don't have to explain yourself to the moral police... despite popular belief, they don't know how to parent your children better than you and the Gestapo have not taken over cruise critic just yet.

Edited by triptolemus

You don't have to explain yourself to the moral police... despite popular belief, they don't know how to parent your children better than you and the Gestapo have not taken over cruise critic just yet.

I know, I was just making a point that it's not about trying to get hammered. Some of use can handle hammered better than others though.

What I meant was do I have to worry about the gratuity bringing the price of the drink over the price limit?

gratuity is included in the UBP price. they shouldn't be charging you gratuity on top of that if you have the UBP.

Edited by jenny105

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure and check with you about my alcohol consumption when I'm on board. ;)

I really don't think I will be consuming any more than usual. Like other posters have said, I would like to know what I am spending up front without having to worry about adding up receipts.

I know, I was just making a point that it's not about trying to get hammered. Some of use can handle hammered better than others though.

Exactly. I have taken my kids on three cruises, and have yet to get "hammered" in their presence. I don't think that is the purpose of the UBP. For us, it is about controlling costs when my husband usually buys the soda card and consumes a few drinks anyway. This package includes both.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure and check with you about my alcohol consumption when I'm on board. ;)

I really don't think I will be consuming any more than usual. Like other posters have said, I would like to know what I am spending up front without having to worry about adding up receipts.

My point was not about your consumption but rather whether the package would be cost effective. Between port time and kid time it will be very hard to come close to breaking even. I was on the 7 day TA no ports and barely broke even. Wine with lunch and dinner made it possible.

Exactly. I have taken my kids on three cruises, and have yet to get "hammered" in their presence. I don't think that is the purpose of the UBP. For us, it is about controlling costs when my husband usually buys the soda card and consumes a few drinks anyway. This package includes both.

All I can add is a soda card and a few drinks is 1/2 the cost of the UBP. I am off to Bermuda in a few weeks no UBP that cruise with 3 days on the island. 12 day TA with one port in the fall I am all in again.

My point was not about your consumption but rather whether the package would be cost effective. Between port time and kid time it will be very hard to come close to breaking even. I was on the 7 day TA no ports and barely broke even. Wine with lunch and dinner made it possible.

I apologize that I took your post the wrong way. I am actually trying to convince my husband that it probably won't be cost effective (at least for me). Between having 4 ports (which we may not do all of them) and kid time, it would be difficult to break even. Especially since I usually do not buy the soda card anyway (I only drink 1 or 2 sodas a day).

I apologize that I took your post the wrong way. I am actually trying to convince my husband that it probably won't be cost effective (at least for me). Between having 4 ports (which we may not do all of them) and kid time, it would be difficult to break even. Especially since I usually do not buy the soda card anyway (I only drink 1 or 2 sodas a day).

It is really a rather simple math problem to decide if it is cost effective. Make a list of the most you might drink and add it up. If you are going to have a couple sodas($2.25each), 4 cocktails($8.00 each) , and a glass of wine($9.00) with dinner you are at only $45.50. $10 dollars short of break even.

does anyone have a drink menu? I want to see which cocktails are offered at the $8.50 or below price.

Quick search. This should give some idea especially what's not included.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1586768&highlight=drink+menu

• 2 weeks later...