Just Booked a Penthouse Suite Did i make a Mistake

docsdrillers

Not a bad suggestion...would have to get DW to approve though :)

She always makes me go to the sailaway and Meet and Greet on my own....i'm the lesser shy one.

We're on the Silhouette in May.

I would love to visit you and just see the suite, fellow traveler! :) But if you decide to hold the sailaway there, would love that too!

Sadly i'm on the May 11th cruise and have been reading your roll call with extreme envy:)....wow what an active bunch that puts our 14 pages to shame....the quietest roll call i've ever been associated with.

However thanks for the great info i gleaned from your Roll Call:)

The good news is that prices on our cruise were much much lower than yours which enabled me to get this great upgrade at a very reasonable cost....

Awwww, we're small but we're friendly!

(It is odd, though, that the roll call is so small!)

So glad to hear that...makes me feel better about our decision.

There are 3 Adults in our family and we were booked in a Royal Suite and for a very reasonable upcharge we were offered the PH.....too good to pass on the upgrade offer.

Just wondering how far in advance of your cruise did Celebrity give you this upsell offer?

Diane

Diane

This wasn't an upsell offer that came from X.

We were constantly monitoring prices on our May 11 sailing( final pay was feb 25) and I saw a price drop on the Royal Suite....I just decided while I was asking about the RS how much more would it be for the PH and chose to go that route as the price difference was quite reasonable.

Amit

QUOTE=Diane Rose;37476876]Just wondering how far in advance of your

cruise did Celebrity give you this upsell offer?

Diane

Diane

This wasn't an upsell offer that came from X.

We were constantly monitoring prices on our May 11 sailing( final pay was feb 25) and I saw a price drop on the Royal Suite....I just decided while I was asking about the RS how much more would it be for the PH and chose to go that route as the price difference was quite reasonable.

Amit

Thanks Amit. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise in the PH. Enjoy!

Diane

On a recent cruise in a RS, we were offered several invitations for various social events, but declined several. We never felt like we were insulting anyone. It was more like "it's here if you want it" instead of "we're wondering why you won't come." Felt no pressure to do anything. Enjoy your cruise.

EDIT: We took them up on the invitation to join the CE for dinner at the Captain's Table on one formal night. It was definitely a highlight. The CE was a warm and charming host and the other guests at our table were fantastic. We had a blast!

I did PH recently, and got invites for me and cabin mate fro various events, and we had a 3rd in seperate stateroom. We'd ask the Butler to see if there might be a cancellation, or decline and add our friend, letting him know it was no issue if not possible. He always secured the 3rd invite. Just discuss any issue or need with butler. he will tend to it happily.

We don't do formal nights and would decline the opportunity if invited to dine with the Captain....would i be insulting him if i chose to decline the offer.

I am sure you could always invite the captain to dine with you in the buffet if you are concerned about dress code.

The price was too good to pass up so i decided to splurge a bit and treat the family to a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The reason i ask if i made a mistake is because we are very low key,non pretentious travellers who opted for a bigger room but not the whole package or expectations that come with this category.

We don't do formal nights and would decline the opportunity if invited to dine with the Captain....would i be insulting him if i chose to decline the offer.

Can we cruise in the Penthouse and be left alone or will we be pressured to participate in events that may not be to our liking or comfort level.

I'd love to hear from others who have travelled in the PH suite and just did their own thing and simply enjoyed the use of a much nicer and larger room.

Enjoy it, it's a wonderful suite! I hosted the CC meeting in the Penthouse and everybody loved it. I didn't feel pressured to do anything. Actually, we were invited to dine with the captain but had to decline it because we had other plans. I loved the space and the verandah. You will love it. I have also been in the Garden Villa on NCL and it's amazing. The sad part is that I have stayed in those suites only once but it was totally worth it :D

Archived