Dream pictures posted

hey jim which one are you doing in may and wheres your countdown clock so we can see how many days left.

Shirley

Moorish Delights and a cheeky week in the Son Matias Palma Nova...No countdown clock,still in Xmas mode as you`ll see by my North Pole sign.Must remember and edit that..I`ll not be long in letting you know when its gettingt close lol

79 days

So thats two holidays by may have you won the lottery by any chance?
:D I wish...As they say,you cant take it with you and your only here once.Anyway,I just go when and where I`m told ;),not complaining

rackety.jpg

yes....lovely...arent they:eek:

Awful eh

Had they just said they were spending £Xm on an extensive refurb and left it at that, it would have piqued people's interest without raising expectations to an unrealistic level.
Without a doubt Kruz

Actually I believe their 'Platinum' category relates to a % satisfaction score which is either what they have or hope to have for Dream/Celebration - it means nothing in terms of facilities, quality of fittings etc. But I think many would assume a superior standard in a 'Platinum' product - and given the age and type of ship, Thomson aren't going to offer a luxury level experience.
You could well be right on the satisfaction basis but like many others I also assumed Platinum would have meant an upgrade in facilities,fittings,superior standard etc .I think the word Platinum portrays a better standard,a good bit of duping by Thomsons.Having said that Platinum,refurb or no refurb I`d still be going on the Dream this year

So I think a mis-judged promotion and advertising message. Having said that as long as you know and love the Dream - you are not going to be disappointed imo as it is looking good and infinitely better now certain shabby areas (like corridor carpets) have been refurbed.
I think its quite a cute promotion and advertising message on behalf of Thomsons Kruzeeka

I'm sure you will enjoy your next trip Jim and will like the fresher, attractive look.
Hope so and sure I will

Shirley

Moorish Delights and a cheeky week in the Son Matias Palma Nova

:D I wish...As they say,you cant take it with you and your only here once.Anyway,I just go when and where I`m told ;),not complaining

Awful eh

Its a shame your the week before Me and not same week Jim I feel you would be quiet a laugh to be at the Bar with.

I'm same week as Ronjae,

:)

Carrs:D:D:D

Hi carrs

It is a pity but maybe next year...You`ll have a grand time with Ronjae I`m sure.Although having never met him,spoken via email and mob we were trying to arrange the same cruise as each other but his good lady Carole was wanting to visit Florence which is not on me and Mrs Jim The Scots itinerary plus hes richer than me :D and doing a back2back.I`ll get him to buy you a drink on my behalf :D

I wonder if they have sorted the single cabins down forward?

If so Dream might join Majesty as a possibility for a summer cruise next year. If I am flying a complete package is an attractive option.

Price might not be so important if i reduce the number of cruises.

Hi carrs

It is a pity but maybe next year...You`ll have a grand time with Ronjae I`m sure.Although having never met him,spoken via email and mob we were trying to arrange the same cruise as each other but his good lady Carole was wanting to visit Florence which is not on me and Mrs Jim The Scots itinerary plus hes richer than me :D and doing a back2back.I`ll get him to buy you a drink on my behalf :D

Thats most kind Sir#!!!:eek: AI a good way for a scot to buy a round :)

:D

Yep , OK.

Just check your mailbox in the next ten minutes, sending you the full size images.

You have my permission to do what you wish with them, just credit me for them and send any royalties to the crew welfare fund. :D

Yep , OK.

Just check your mailbox in the next ten minutes, sending you the full size images.

You have my permission to do what you wish with them, just credit me for them and send any royalties to the crew welfare fund. :D

Thanks very much Joe! Received them. And of course I will. :D

Why not pop over to the cabin review thread. You can win the prize (note: there isn't one :rolleyes:) to be the first one to submit a review. ;)

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone...

It's nice to give a bit back after having so much useful info posted on here that has helped me.

More pictures to come, none of the ship, just the ports, wonderful beaches, and of course the ducks.....

When I get around to it that is, I have to go to work to fund this lifestyle:)

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone...

It's nice to give a bit back after having so much useful info posted on here that has helped me.

More pictures to come, none of the ship, just the ports, wonderful beaches, and of course the ducks.....

When I get around to it that is, I have to go to work to fund this lifestyle:)

Thanks joe - I think there are a lot of folk on here who subscribe to that view too and I think that's what makes this Forum so supportive, friendly and good to visit. To say nothing of helping us to make the most of our holidays.

Unfortunately a few bug me sometimes when they come on here, ask loads of questions which others reply to at length and they never say 'thank you' (but not K from across the pond of course!:rolleyes:), or even acknowledge the answers, never mind giving any feedback! Bit miserable really.

Still like you I've really benefited from the information and advice I've received and like to report back as that may help others too.

Thanks again - very much appreciated. ;) :)

Unfortunately a few bug me sometimes when they come on here, ask loads of questions which others reply to at length and they never say 'thank you' (but not K from across the pond of course!:rolleyes:), or even acknowledge the answers, never mind giving any feedback! Bit miserable really.

...........then some of us come on and stay forever.;):D:D:eek:.

Unfortunately a few bug me sometimes when they come on here, ask loads of questions which others reply to at length and they never say 'thank you' (but not K from across the pond of course!), or even acknowledge the answers, never mind giving any feedback! Bit miserable really.

...........then some of us come on and stay forever.;):D:eek:.

Well there is that about it too happy v :eek: Point taken! :D :o

Well there is that about it too happy v :eek: Point taken! :D :o

Oh, please don't think I was criticising, I think it's rude to when posters don't reply to the help they're given, but personally I'm glad I found this forum.:)

Thanks for sharing your pics Joe. We had a deck 6 inside cabin the same as yours but the opposite way round if you know what I mean. Facing the bed, our bathroom was on the left then the settee and table with the wardrobe and drawers with table etc on the right.

We were comfy enough there, and tea/coffee with kettle great. Had no trouble with it when we used European adapter - the USA one was too loose in the socket.

Loved the Dream, and as it was our first cruise, Platinum didn't mean a lot as we had nothing to compare it with, just loved the whole Dream experience, so when we got back we booked next year's up!!

Oh, please don't think I was criticising, I think it's rude to when posters don't reply to the help they're given, but personally I'm glad I found this forum.:)

No offence taken happy v - I was smiling as I typed. :) To quote whatshername in Larkrise to Candleford..'I know my weakness' :D:D

But I enjoy the Forum too - for the fun, advice and information - to say nothing of the forum friends I feel I've made. But good manners cost nothing and I find it sad that sometimes that is overlooked.

Thanks for sharing your pics Joe. We had a deck 6 inside cabin the same as yours but the opposite way round if you know what I mean. Facing the bed, our bathroom was on the left then the settee and table with the wardrobe and drawers with table etc on the right.

We were comfy enough there, and tea/coffee with kettle great. Had no trouble with it when we used European adapter - the USA one was too loose in the socket.

Loved the Dream, and as it was our first cruise, Platinum didn't mean a lot as we had nothing to compare it with, just loved the whole Dream experience, so when we got back we booked next year's up!!

Hi gill, So pleased you enjoyed your trip and with no pre-conceptions you would just accept the Platinum without having expectations of something better than before.

To be honest I do think it all looks very nice and they have done a good job to give the ship a (much needed ) facelift. The problem has been caused by Thomson over-hyping the whole thing so people's expectations were raised and then they were disappoined that it wasn't something more.

But I agree with you the whole experience when we went in February was great for us too. Well done for booking again - you've clearly been hooked like so many of us. ;) Off to the Caribbean again or trying somewhere different?

I am still trying to sort out why some posts are red and some blue. Think bold ones are where a new post has landed, but some of the bold ones are red and some blue. Will get the hang of it.

Yes, we loved the Caribbean, and next year's b-2-b has some new islands for us to explore. Wasn't sure about the long flight, but coped with going over ok, coming back I needed to wander about a bit, but won't let that put me off.

One of my favourite bits on board was getting up early and going out, sometimes in the dark, to watch the ship coming into the next island and the sunrise. Beautiful. Enjoyed wandering round the top decks as the crew were getting them ready for the day too.

I am still trying to sort out why some posts are red and some blue. Think bold ones are where a new post has landed, but some of the bold ones are red and some blue. Will get the hang of it.

The red is like a bookmark ,just lets you know which you have read and the rest you have sussed out.....

Bold is for new/updated posts:cool::)

Once you close the page and come back on again it will all be reset :cool:

More pictures up now:

These are best viewed as a slideshow in full screen mode.

They are best as a slideshow and the rooms look great to me, really looking forward to boarding this ship :D.

Thanks for taking the time to post them Joe :)

Archived