Carnival excursion to Peggy's Cove

How easy is it to get around with renting a car?

how long did this take you?

So far on my list is the Peggy's cove. Ryers and Fairview cemetary

Very easy getting out of Halifax and to take the highway or coastal drive to Peggy's Cove. Easy to follow on a map. We spent the whole day as it was farther to drive out to Lunenburg.

We have been looking into renting a van (4 adults and 1 five year old), BUT no maritime rental companies provide car seats!!!! It seems that only airport locations MAY be able to provide a seat. Very disappointing. So...Halifax we will just explore near the port and likely be forced into buying Carnival's St John / St Martin excursion. It seems SO expensive for what we would get, though, compared to renting a van.

We took my son's full size carseat last year as we drove to Montreal from Boston; he was 5 at the time and we wanted a full carseat. This year we are bringing a booster seat instead, which might be something for you to consider as they're relatively inexpensive and light weight. My guess is the saving alone will be worth the cost of the booster seat and then some. If you're flying, there is no additional charge to gate check a booster seat or a carseat for that matter.

How easy is it to get around with renting a car?

how long did this take you?

So far on my list is the Peggy's cove. Ryers and Fairview cemetary

This is what we did as well as stopping at the Swiss Air Memorial on the way to Peggy's Cove. We opted to go to the cemetery first, but it makes more sense to do it on the way back since it's closest to the ship.

Our son is also 5 but still only 35lbs so he still needs the full seat. We thought about carting our seat onto the cruise, but didn't know where we could store it or if it would just be easier to pay the cost for the excursion. Our first cruise so we're not sure!! We're driving to Boston from near Cornwall, ON so we will have the seat for sure! Thanks for the suggestion!! :)

We took my son's full size carseat last year as we drove to Montreal from Boston; he was 5 at the time and we wanted a full carseat. This year we are bringing a booster seat instead, which might be something for you to consider as they're relatively inexpensive and light weight. My guess is the saving alone will be worth the cost of the booster seat and then some. If you're flying, there is no additional charge to gate check a booster seat or a carseat for that matter.

Storage can be a problem, but I think the flexibility of being able to go at your own pace is a plus especially with little ones. There's a lot of hurry up and wait time with the ship's excursions. While not super convenient, I'd suggest taking it. We ended up buying a cheap luggage cart to lug ours as it's a carseat with a harness rated to 80 pounds, which is rare. Our son is at the other end of the growth chart, so we needed a seat that went beyond the typical 35 to 40 pound limit.

Storage can be a problem, but I think the flexibility of being able to go at your own pace is a plus especially with little ones. There's a lot of hurry up and wait time with the ship's excursions. While not super convenient, I'd suggest taking it. We ended up buying a cheap luggage cart to lug ours as it's a carseat with a harness rated to 80 pounds, which is rare. Our son is at the other end of the growth chart, so we needed a seat that went beyond the typical 35 to 40 pound limit.

On our 4 generation family cruise last year, my daughter and son in law brought the car seat for the 1 year old as we had the same experience with taxis or car rentals in the Bahamas not having car seats available. Free to take on the airplane and then they stored the carseat standing upright in the stateroom closet.

Thank you so very much

If I may ask another question. From that chart, it says we will be in port 9:00 6:00PM yet our ships itinerary says 8:00 to 5:00PM Carnival Glory July 25th.

Who do we believe?

Cheers

Len

Archived