Scissors??

I'm going on a 9 day cruise in December. I thought I might take some of my scrapbooking stuff to work on during the sea days. Has anyone ever taken scissors in their luggage? Will they land me in the naughty room?

Guess again, all you scissors-confident people! ;)

From my Enchantment cruise in December:

O.M.G.

How could I have forgotten to tell you all the best story yet?

So, the smaller of my two suitcases is delivered. Nina's one large suitcase is delivered. No sign of my larger suitcase. I look everywhere. No suitcase.

Guess what? I had to go down to the naughty room.

Bad, bad, bad Merion Mom.

She had two pairs of scissors in her cosmetic bag. One with one inch blades, one with two and a half inch blades. I am afraid that I sort of let them have it down on Deck 1. They shrugged and said that it's the Baltimore pier people's fault. Then they put my bag into their own scanner. So they COULD have done that earlier and seen very very very very small scissors.

Our cabin steward laughed to hear the story, and pointed to Nina's six inch blade scissors sitting on the vanity, and asked whether those were the offending scissors.

I said, "NO! Those sailed right through security. Only my LITTLE scissors apparently bothered them."

Then that night in Chops, as I gazed at the vicious, serrated 7" steak knife that they had put into my homicidal, serial-killer hands, I sighed the sigh of the logic-frustrated.

Guess again, all you scissors-confident people! ;)

From my Enchantment cruise in December:

Ther is always a few security folks who make up there own rules. RCCL allows scissors with a blade length of under four inches. These are also allowed in carry-on luggage for both the cruise ship and for domestic airlines flights.

Archived