Has anyone ever..............

BarbaraP

:rolleyes:Has anyone ever been offered and Upsell to a suite, not taken the offer, but then got a visit from the Upgrade Fairy anyway???

Not on a cruise. But I have with a car rental agency. Rented a mid-size. Got to the counter and was offered an "upgrade" to a full size for $10 more per day. I declined. Then the guy behind the counter makes a few keystrokes on his keyboard and sheepishly says: "We're out of mid-size cars, so we are going to put you in a full size for the same rate." If I had had a pair of handcuffs with me, I would have slapped them on him and dragged him to the nearest police station.

On our Hawaii cruise on the Golden in Jan, 2013 we received a Complimentary upgrade to a suite! We were in a mini-suite... I got the call 2 days before the cruise.

No idea why we got it, but we did turn Elite on the cruise....but I've never gotten any kind of upgrade before on all our cruises... It was wonderful!

Not on a cruise. But I have with a car rental agency. Rented a mid-size. Got to the counter and was offered an "upgrade" to a full size for $10 more per day. I declined. Then the guy behind the counter makes a few keystrokes on his keyboard and sheepishly says: "We're out of mid-size cars, so we are going to put you in a full size for the same rate." If I had had a pair of handcuffs with me, I would have slapped them on him and dragged him to the nearest police station.

I always reserve economy or compact rental cars and at least half the time end up with a midsize or higher because they don't have smaller cars available. It's a pretty common tactic among the car rental companies, I think.

I've never been offered an upsell on a cruise cabin, but did once get an upgrade to a rather sizeable window from an inside booking.

That was a first for us too and we've cruised 55 times on various lines.

I talked to 5 of the other Suite passengers and they had all received complimentary upgrades.

And at least three of them were first time Princess passengers....But they were all part of a large group..

I think if they haven't sold the suites by the time of the cruise , they upgrade and sell the other cabins.

We've been on LOTS of Princess cruises and have never been offered an Upsell.

The "Fairy" has come to visit from time to time.

Does Princess often offer Upsells? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

I think the Upsells are fairly new. Last October we received an email from Princess 3 weeks before our cruise with an offer to purchase an upgrade from our AD mini to a full suite. Our cruise was marked, "Upgrade to a higher Meta only" and the email said "the offer was for Platinum mini suite holders".

This is probably a way to generate a little extra revenue before the "Upgrade Fairy" puts on her wings and goes to work.:p

Archived