Unconfuzzle please

Emperor Norton

I have a few questions about Oceania/Riviera:

- Is trivia played multiple times a day? I noted in one thread there was mention of a night trivia game in Martinis. What time(s) is it played?

- Do they do flambe dishes (eg: steak Diane, Crepes Suzette) tableside? Are they special orders?

- Waves appears to be the name of the daily bulletin - does this list all the menus for the days dinner services as the Seabourn bulletin does? (I'm thinking of doing a live from as I did for my Baltic cruise but the idea of typing up 8 or so menus a day is daunting:eek:)

-Some room types (was it PH+) get a discount on internet minutes does anyone know what this discount is?

-Tours: I see there are differing packages and that for the exclusive or smaller tours they offer a discount if you have a package, does anyone know what this discount is?

TIA

I have a few questions about Oceania/Riviera:

- Is trivia played multiple times a day? I noted in one thread there was mention of a night trivia game in Martinis. What time(s) is it played?

Sometimes they will have a game late afternoon it will vary depending on the itinerary

- Waves appears to be the name of the daily bulletin

Waves is the poolside grill

CURRENTS is the name of the daily program

- does this list all the menus for the days dinner services as the Seabourn bulletin does?NO

(I'm thinking of doing a live from as I did for my Baltic cruise but the idea of typing up 8 or so menus a day is daunting:eek:)

-Some room types (was it PH+) get a discount on internet minutes does anyone know what this discount is?

I believe it starts at Concierge level ...10%

-Tours: I see there are differing packages and that for the exclusive or smaller tours they offer a discount if you have a package, does anyone know what this discount is?

TIA

If you look for the excursion packages description it give the discount offer

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/New_ShoreExcursions_Packages.pdf

Check online or in your cruise planner (if you have it)

It varies by cruise

I think on our cruise they had a couple of night games at least. I am sorry, I just mailed all of my programs to my friend.

The day game is late in the afternoon.

I was in an Owners Suite, and I didn't notice a discount on the Internet, but perhaps the other poster knows better.

They do not print each menu every day. It is easy to just go by and read the menus at each venue. They have them posted outside.

All food is WONDERFUL and if all else fails, there are great dishes in the Terrace Cafe.

Hope this helps some.

How frequently and how well trivia is conducted and is a function of who is your cruise director.

Some do a splendid job

At least one causes to me to avoid trivia altogether

On our Marina cruise, trivia was usually played around 4 - 5 in the afternoon in the Lounge and then in Martini's around 8.

How frequently and how well trivia is conducted and is a function of who is your cruise director.

Some do a splendid job

At least one causes to me to avoid trivia altogether

On our Marina cruise, trivia was usually played around 4 - 5 in the afternoon in the Lounge and then in Martini's around 8.

Larraine you are correct, the CD does the scheduling where and when..my favorite trivia leader is Leslie Jon..adore him!!

Jancruz1

Larraine you are correct, the CD does the scheduling where and when..my favorite trivia leader is Leslie Jon..adore him!!

Jancruz1

Leslie is the KING of trivia -- he enjoys it more than the passengers LOL

He makes up his own questions and builds on responses of the teams throughout the cruise. Just fabulous

When we cruised with him, he threw out a stumper and we decided to give a ridiculous answer: Rapunzel. He howled (can't recall the question but that answer was beyond absurd). But would't you know several sessions later he came up with a really difficult question and the answer was : Rapunzel. We were the only team to figure it out. He's just the best.

The one CD whom I dislike (and will be sailing again with him in April - bad luck) - got all his questions from an old game of Trivial Pursuit and in the evening, when he handed trivia off to staff, we got some of the same questions. Ridiculous. That CD apparently finds it an inconvenient part of his assignment . Amazing he had been assistant CD to Leslie at one time. Obviously learning from the master is not something he understands

Can you please let us know which one you don't care for?

Several times there have been repeat questions in diferent Trivia sessions. We just get an extra correct answer unless everyone tells the Trivia Master it's a repeat.

On the Marina, the Trivia was at 4:30 which was in the middle of Tea Time. Then most evenings around 8:30 there was another one in Martinis. We love to play and we have been very lucky to have great partners which helps to win.

Leslie is the KING of trivia -- he enjoys it more than the passengers LOL

He makes up his own questions and builds on responses of the teams throughout the cruise. Just fabulous

When we cruised with him, he threw out a stumper and we decided to give a ridiculous answer: Rapunzel. He howled (can't recall the question but that answer was beyond absurd). But would't you know several sessions later he came up with a really difficult question and the answer was : Rapunzel. We were the only team to figure it out. He's just the best.

The one CD whom I dislike (and will be sailing again with him in April - bad luck) - got all his questions from an old game of Trivial Pursuit and in the evening, when he handed trivia off to staff, we got some of the same questions. Ridiculous. That CD apparently finds it an inconvenient part of his assignment . Amazing he had been assistant CD to Leslie at one time. Obviously learning from the master is not something he understands

I was on a cruise where the CD was looking through a book while we were playing so it seemed to take hours..he wasnt funny and he certainly was not prepared..Leslie lives here in LA and when I can catch him home Stu and I and Leslie go out for breakfast or lunch and talk for hours....Love that man!!

Jancruz1

Anyone have experience with Flambe dishes or trying to special order/order off menu:confused:

I have only seen Flambe dishes at afternoon tea but I never looked in the other dining venues ...so it may be possible

Special orders I do not believe can be done unless you have a food allergy but again I have never asked

Lyn

Archived