What would you do???!!

klfhngr

have you seen pics of the wraparound balconies? they are wonderful - I have some good pics here sent to me by CC members on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=170436&highlight=cat+balcony

I had the same worries on whether to keep this cabin or not. The balcony pics are great.....I cannot wait!!

I have more to pictures to post that more CCers have sent me!!Thanks everyone

ive seen them, but still wonder if its worth going up to a suite?!! i think the consensus is stick with the 9a!

ive seen them, but still wonder if its worth going up to a suite?!! i think the consensus is stick with the 9a!

these ARE pics of a 9A balcony and they are great. I have an aft corner 9A with refusal for upgrade to suite. I say stay where you are..and it looks like you will!!:)

I love the wraparounds. We have one for our future Valor cruise in September.

We have been in cabin 6452, it's a great cabin with a huge balcony. The view is great! I see it as two things for you to consider. If you want more cabin space and privacy on your balcony, for the allover tan, sitting out there in your robe enjoying your morning brew and the sunrise, or whatever...take the suite.

6452 has no privacy on the balcony. If privacy or an extra large cabin is not an

issue TAKE THE WRAPAROUND CAT 9! I agree with other posters that it would not make me too happy if they upgraded me....because I love the view!

I love the wraparounds. We have one for our future Valor cruise in September.

We have been in cabin 6452, it's a great cabin with a huge balcony. The view is great! I see it as two things for you to consider. If you want more cabin space and privacy on your balcony, for the allover tan, sitting out there in your robe enjoying your morning brew and the sunrise, or whatever...take the suite.

6452 has no privacy on the balcony. If privacy or an extra large cabin is not an

issue TAKE THE WRAPAROUND CAT 9! I agree with other posters that it would not make me too happy if they upgraded me....because I love the view!

Did you say NO privacy?? Anywhere on the balcony??

Keeping the wraparound! Called Carnival yesterday about moving up a deck (from 6452 Upper Deck). Nothing is available, not even a category 11 OR 12! I said I would give up my 9A if they give me a Penthouse! They said they would put it in the notes!

Which ship are you sailing on, I'm going to be on the Valor 7/10/05 right down the hall in room 6483 and wouldn't trade it for anything. I'll spend more time on the big old balcony than sitting inside the room to notice if it's 25' more sqaure feet bigger or not. Also I have another family menber besdie me in cabin 6481 so we'll be able to remove the barrier between our balconies and have an even BIGGER one to enjoy. Whichever you decide I'm sure your going to have a good time, I've been on 3 Carnival Cruises so far Celibration, Inspiration, Fantasy and haven't had a bad time yet.

Skippers Club..... used by those passengers who have purchased a suite. Skippers Club members are the first ones who get to board the ship. Usually they board Skippers Club Members, then wedding party members if any before they allow regular cabin guest on board. I sailed on the Fantasy in March and was able to board being a Skippers Club member, in reality it got me on board maybe 15 minutes sooner than people who came early and were waiting for regular boarding. Depending on which Port you leave out of though I have heard that it really dosen't make much differance. Hope this helps.

I am glad you kept the wraparound! As far as the privacy issue; 6452 and the other wrap on that deck have no privacy. the reason is that on the back of the

ship, the dividers are angled. 6452 does not wrap around the side. It is straight across the back and then angled down the back. Your neighbors on the aft can see all the way down your balcony. My problem was that when we were sitting on our balcony so were they in a way. Don't get me wrong, I love meeting people when we cruise but we like our balcony to have a little privacy. One morning when we were up watching the sunrise, I hear a voice telling me to move please so she could take a picture. It was the way she said it that bothered me...otherwise it wouldn't have bothered me. We are trying the wrap one deck up...it extends around the side more and therefore you have much more of a view. Watch your sailing, if it comes available, you could change. We won't do 6452 again. Have a great cruise!

6452 does not wrap around the side. It is straight across the back and then angled down the back.

Not sure I understand this? I was under the assumption that it DID wrap around..... we do like to 'sun', so, to get this correct, people above AND people next to you can see into your balcony both in the back AND the side of the ship? I thought that the side was totaly private...

Knowing what you know now, would you have taken a Cat. 11/12 upgrade or kept your 9A?

I hope I can explain this correctly. If you look at the back of the ship, it goes straight across part of the way, then on each side it is angled back, then it goes straight along the side. 6452 starts on part of the straight part of the back and goes down the angled part of the back. It stop there and does not go around the side. All of it is TOTALLY visible from your aft neighbor. You can see pics of this if you go to webshots.com and check out the community pictures. There is also a picture somewhere on this site...I'll see if I can find it, that shows a great view. 7445 and 7440 and also the wraps one deck above actually have balcony space on the side of the ship as well which would be totally private. We love the wraparounds but if given the choice between 6452 and a cat 11 or 12 we would take the upgrade. If the choice was between 7445 and the suite, we would keep 7445.

I hope I can explain this correctly. If you look at the back of the ship, it goes straight across part of the way, then on each side it is angled back, then it goes straight along the side. 6452 starts on part of the straight part of the back and goes down the angled part of the back. It stop there and does not go around the side. All of it is TOTALLY visible from your aft neighbor. You can see pics of this if you go to webshots.com and check out the community pictures. There is also a picture somewhere on this site...I'll see if I can find it, that shows a great view. 7445 and 7440 and also the wraps one deck above actually have balcony space on the side of the ship as well which would be totally private. We love the wraparounds but if given the choice between 6452 and a cat 11 or 12 we would take the upgrade. If the choice was between 7445 and the suite, we would keep 7445.

We have booked 7445 on the Conquest here are some pictures that were sent to us of this cabin.. Hope this helps...:) Happy Cruising :)

http://community.webshots.com/album/142221387wcBZzS

Thanks for the info, you might have convinced me to upgrade. I was under the impression that the whole side was private, but it sounds like we don't have a side, we have an angle! Will see what I can do, thanks again.

Go to webshots.com Type in Carnival Valor for your photo search. On the first page of photos is a picture of 6452. Click on the picture to enlarge. See the person on the left? that is where the balcony ends. Your aft neighbor can see completely down it.

No matter which cabin you choose, have a great cruise!!!

Go to webshots.com Type in Carnival Valor for your photo search. On the first page of photos is a picture of 6452. Click on the picture to enlarge. See the person on the left? that is where the balcony ends. Your aft neighbor can see completely down it.

No matter which cabin you choose, have a great cruise!!!

thanks, i 'll take a look!

• 2 months later...

Archived