What would you do???!!

klfhngr

I have cabin 6452 (cat.9a), if Carnival asked you to upgrade to Cat. 11/12, would you?? Need your help!

Depends, do you like a huge balcony. Not sure Skipper Club would sway me in any way when making this choice.

Personally I would keep the 9A.

We had a Cat 12 on the Glory

I liked the large cabin. DW Loved the marble top makeup counter with seperate sink in the seperate dressing area. You also have a Jacussi tub with glass shower enclosure.

There is also a Bidet (if that's your thing). I just used it for washing beach sand off my feet. :)

Currently, assigned 6452, haven't been given the room# for the upgrade, so I'm assuming G.

Even though it is still a "G", I would still take the upgrade. I have had both the eleven and twelve. There is not a huge difference in the two. The bathroom is larger on the twelve with two sinks in place of one in the category eleven. Both rooms are a good size and I like the extra space.

Being an aft advocate--- I would stay where I am. Have told my agents never ever upgrade me--even to the suites.

Reason-- I spend more time on the balcony then i do in a cabin. I am at the pier early enough where I dont need skippers club for checking in. the 9a corner cabins are awesome. You can sit out there and watch life pass you by. On the aft you can see left and right. on the side.. you can only see whats on that side. having a corner you can see the left and the right plus what ever side you are on. The views are amazing.

Being an aft advocate--- I would stay where I am. Have told my agents never ever upgrade me--even to the suites.

Reason-- I spend more time on the balcony then i do in a cabin. I am at the pier early enough where I dont need skippers club for checking in. the 9a corner cabins are awesome. You can sit out there and watch life pass you by. On the aft you can see left and right. on the side.. you can only see whats on that side. having a corner you can see the left and the right plus what ever side you are on. The views are amazing.

I agree completely. I have the same understanding with my TA. NEVER take away that aft balcony! I guess it just all depends on what is more important to you. A slightly larger interior or a MUCH bigger balcony.

And our Cat. 11's have always had the double sinks.

We have booked a corner aft 9A wrap on Triumph (7425) and I told my PVP that we ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT take an upgrade. I picked this cabin out speciifically and want to keep it. We really dont need the extra space in our cabin....the two of us did fine in a regular 8A last cruise and it was the blacony that we fell in love with. Morning coffee & fruit (DAILY) - afternoon relaxation with a cocktail and some pizza, white russians with icecream..waking up in the middle of the night....This corner balcony will probably do me in and I am looking forward to many balcony views we will have. I say keep the 9A and the reason I say that is that is some advice I did get here on CC....many balcony lovers would never trade a corner aft....

Next cruise will book an 8A and hope for an upgrade....otherwise, any aft cabin would be fine with me.....

I'd keep the Aft wraparound... I personally am never in the cabin long enough to care how big or small it is... but that is a NICE balcony!!!! Have fun!!!!!

Thanks, will do!

Some asked which ship, its on the Valor. When I called to book the room, there was only one 9a left, so I snagged it!

have you seen pics of the wraparound balconies? they are wonderful - I have some good pics here sent to me by CC members on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=170436&highlight=cat+balcony

I had the same worries on whether to keep this cabin or not. The balcony pics are great.....I cannot wait!!

I have more to pictures to post that more CCers have sent me!!Thanks everyone

Archived