What to pack for a TA

cabinluvn

We leave in a couple weeks for the March 22 TA. Wondering what the temperatures will be onboard. According to the Weather Channel app temperatures are cool and somewhat rainy for the ports in Portugal and Spain(40s at night 50s-60s during the day). When we sailed the Mediterranean a few Septembers ago, the ship was warm enough that I was comfortable in lighter clothes. Wondering if the cooler temperatures outside the ship will mean the inside will be cooler too. I hate to take up a lot of room in the suitcase for multiple climates, so wondering if it is even necessary to take clothes for warmer weather. Any advice from anyone who has packed for a TA would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do packlong sleeves and sweaters I found most ships cool to cold ...have done 3 in all ...even in summer a tad chilly

Bring a goodraincoat and umbrella ...azores was pouring but so interesting,comfy shoes a few shorts or capris and tops a hat is a must

Indoors wascool as well ...jogging suits work real well

Bon voyage

The trip across will likely be chilly and breezy when you are outside. Depending, you might even want to tuck in light weight gloves and a hat if you like walking the decks. Our balcony wasn't terribly useful on our TA because of the wind and temps, but on nice days it was pleasant, but usually required a jacket on even those nice days. Light layering with water proof clothing is the way to go. Think packing for Alaska.

Archived