Silversea and Royal Geographical Society

Silver Spectre

Silversea hosted an event for UK Venetians last night at the Royal Geograpical Society where they pre announced a tie-up with the Society giving them access to all the Society's maps and other materials for use on the Galalagos and Explorer voyages.

Watch this space for the formal announcement.

It must have been restricted to a select band of "UK Venetians"

Aye. No invitation received at our UK address. Perhaps it was restricted to those south of Watford Gap.

We did get an invitation to an event, definitely not the same one as this, at an awful sounding hotel in Liverpool though. Definite shift downmarket for SS compared to the venue they used last year.

From the look of the clientele you probably needed at least free laundrey to get an invite.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have no issue with SS inviting Venetians based on a high number of days sailed to very special events like this, but I do get rather miffed if I think they've done it purely on a geographical basis. Especially when all we get is a presentation at somewhere dreadful in Liverpool! :D

Archived