Are Excursions Charged to Your Onboard Expense Account?

Or do they have to be paid for in cash or with a separate credit card?

If you book excursions while on board the ship, they are charged to your on board account.

If you book excursions before the cruise, then your credit card is charged immediately.

I prefer reserving everything before hand, shore excursion, MTD, specialty restaurants, beverage packages, etc. For me, the on board account is only used for buying souvenirs and other incidentals. That way, you have most of your plans organised and can spend more time enjoying the shop's activities instead of frantically planning for them once on board.

I prefer reserving everything before hand, shore excursion, MTD, specialty restaurants, beverage packages, etc. For me, the on board account is only used for buying souvenirs and other incidentals. That way, you have most of your plans organised and can spend more time enjoying the shop's activities instead of frantically planning for them once on board.

Unless you happen to have OBC...then some prefer to wait and use it towards the extras once onboard ;)

Archived