Carnival Conquest 2/24/13 Western Caribbean Review and Pictures

Ted&Elle

Karen,

The first set of pictures in the cabin thread were uploaded with Tapatalk and resized by the board. Later in that same thread I posted pictures the same size as this thread with links to full-size images. There's also a 1080p YouTube video of the cabin, albeit with terrible sound. Please let me know if that doesn't help you find the larger images.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh, thanks for telling me. I just went back and found the pictures and video. WOW! We have never cruised in a FWD cabin. We always book AFT. I would LOVE to be at the front of the ship to see where I'm going, not where I have been! :rolleyes: You would not have been able to DRAG me off of that balcony. I thought the aft wraps were great...I think you are spoiled FOREVER! Thanks again for the great share and happy cruising!

Our last dinner was kind of anticlimactic, although I did enjoy the bacon mac and cheese. I experienced something that didn't happen any other time during the trip: I was too full to eat more! This was a bad sign that fortunately didn't get as bad as I hoped. We left dinner without dessert, planning to buy a piece of strawberry cheese cake if it was out and if I was hungry. I never did get the cheese cake, but it looked good. By the time we picked the boys up from Camp Carnival, our room was almost totally packed. Part of me wanted to have a last hurrah, but I knew we needed to rest before the drive. It was only after we woke up Sunday that I realized there was a Mexican fiesta and chocolate extravaganza late at night. I think we were better off sleeping.

Since I can't edit my posts after an hour or so, I'll just quote myself :) I remembered tonight what we did after dinner the last night. We went to the family-friendly comic while the boys were at Camp Carnival. He turned out to be a lot funnier than I expected, getting lots of good, out loud laughs from the whole crowd. He did the same family-friendly show twice in a row, then later did 2 different adult shows while we were packing and going to sleep.

After the show we made our way back to the cabin to pack everything up. I think because of the weather, I wasn't as sad about getting off as I usually am. It was kind of exciting knowing we'd be off the ship without a lot of waiting around in crowded lounges. Disembarking is usually everyone's least favorite part of a cruise, but I really think getting off early is better than spending extra time on the Lido deck in the cold, waiting for your number to be called. I think I mentioned before I'll never book a suite just for the priority embarkation and debarkation, but they were worth $50 if FTTF is offered on my next cruise.

Sooo looking forward to the next reviews (have absolutely loved hearing about your family and cruise - all good wishes for the future). We sail on 31st March but fly out to Chicago on 18th March for a couple of weeks tour beforehand so, hopefully, we'll have chance to read your reviews prior to setting off. Thank you for great articles.

Thank you for keeping me entertained on this lazy Sunday, your pictures are A+ quality, I enjoyed them very much.

We are leaving soon on a western cruise and it is always good looking into activities to do on ports.

Thank you.

Loved the review. I totally can relate to your wait in Grand Cayman. Last summer, we were in port with the Magic as well. Our line wrapped around the port area and it took forever to get back on. We didn't see anyone skip, but we weren't paying attention for it either. After a long day in the sun I can see how this would put you on edge! I hate when people are rude and think that their needs should come above and before anyone else. :mad:

Can't wait to read the rest! The food reviews are always my favorite part. :D

Sorry I keep missing my deadlines :). I have been working on my food reviews, but rather than wait until the whole thing is done I'm going to post what I have as it becomes ready. Here's my Pizza Pirate review. Be sure to check out Zydecocruiser's website for lots of excellent photos and menus. Not surprisingly, the Conquest was the same in Feb 2013 as his Nov 2012 cruise. Anyway, here it is:

Pizza Pirate Menu

Margherita: tomato sauce, basil, mozzarella

Funghi: tomato sauce, mushrooms, mozzarella

Pepperoni: tomato sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni

Quattro Formaggi (4-cheese): roasted garlic, gorgonzola, provolone, parmesan, mozzarella

Prosciutto: roasted garlic, arugula, prosciutto, mozzarella

When you order a pizza, they either have hot slices ready or you can wait 4 minutes and get one right out of the oven. I initially tried to order one that was ready to avoid having them make another, but the second time the guy said “Sir, I’m here all day making pizzas anyway. Might as well get what you want.” Good point. During the course of our cruise we tried every pizza here and liked them all. The prosciutto was not as expected because they cooked a cheese pizza and then added arugula and prosciutto to the slice before giving it to you. I thought it would have been better baked in, and the ingredients didn’t stick to the pizza well. In a few bites the toppings were gone, leaving me with a cheese pizza. Not bad, but again not what I expected. I think the basic margherita was probably my favorite: thin, fresh, good-tasting.

The night we had dinner at Pizza Pirate we probably had 3 full pizzas, a full being about as big as a personal pizza at a chain restaurant. We mixed and matched and then went back for individual slices when we needed more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived