Which train station to Vancouver?

Puchungui

Hi. We will be on our HA cruise on July 13. We will be flying to Seattle July 10 and stay there until same cruise day to visit the most places we can. We plan to take the 7:40 Amtrak train to Vancouver. Can you tell me the exact Train Station name at Vancouver because when I went into their website it gives me two options to Vancouver.

Do you think Im leaving enough time to take the train the same day as our cruise? Any suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks a lot!:):)

We are doing the same thing in June and have taken Amtrak to Vancouver in the past. The name of the station is Pacific Central Station and the address is 1150 Station Street. We just double checked that with our Amtrak info from Amtrak so the information should be good unless there are track problems, which have happened in the past.

We are doing the same thing in June and have taken Amtrak to Vancouver in the past. The name of the station is Pacific Central Station and the address is 1150 Station Street. We just double checked that with our Amtrak info from Amtrak so the information should be good unless there are track problems, which have happened in the past.

Thanks for the info. Are you taking the train the same day of your cruise? Im worried about the timing even though I know the train is supposed to be at Vancouver by 11:40 am and cruise departs at 5. Im starting consider traveling from Seattle the night before our cruise.

Hi. We will be on our HA cruise on July 13. We will be flying to Seattle July 10 and stay there until same cruise day to visit the most places we can. We plan to take the 7:40 Amtrak train to Vancouver. Can you tell me the exact Train Station name at Vancouver because when I went into their website it gives me two options to Vancouver.

Do you think Im leaving enough time to take the train the same day as our cruise? Any suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks a lot!:):)

Vancouver BC (VAC) not Vancouver WA (which is just outside of Portland OR)

I almost chose the wrong Vancouver. Who would have thought there would be a Vancouver, WA!

I bought our tickets for the Amtrak Cascades on line just to be absolutely certain we would be able to get on the train. My husband thought I was silly to do it so far in advance, but I have them and am happy. Be sure to purchase them thru http://www.amtrak.com. There are discounts available, look at the top of the page. The ticket is an eticket, so you print it out on your computer. It printed one page with both our names on it.

We are sailing Princess on May 18th. We have never been to Vancouver so we will be taking the Cascades from Everett, WA (visiting son and DIL first) on the Thursday before our Saturday cruise.

Vancouver gets rave reviews....so if you can, why not give yourself a bit of time there?

Definitely would not do it the same day! Remember , this opinion is from someone who bought her train tickets 3 months in advance!

Barbara

Puchungui Yes we are taking the train the same day as the cruise. If it was a cross country cruise no I would not go the same day, however it is a short ride by train from Seattle to Vancouver so I feel safe to take the train the same day as long as it is on the train. Most Amtrak rides to Vancouver from Seattle are by bus because there are actually only a couple train trips each day between Seattle and Vancouver. We take the train anytime we take an Alaskan cruise because I love trains as much as cruising. We will actually be getting off the Westerdam in Seattle, staying overnight in Seattle then leaving for Vancouver in the morning on the train to catch the Statendam in Vancouver.

The longest time I have been behind on a train was 8 hours due to engine trouble and that was on a three day train ride from the midwest to the west coast.

Archived