Trimingham’s Closes July 27th 2005

JGR01

This store has always been a favorite stop when in Hamilton.

It's very sad that it won't be around to visit after July. I will get my last "Trimmie's" fix in two weeks, but of course I won't mind the sales!

Terry in NJ

Well, Triminghams has been around for a couple of centuries. Now, that said, they still have some great deals on "Bermudiana" stuff. Want some Bermudia stuff to take back? - Nice shirts, Great sweaters and some Crystal. Wait until the day you are leaving, if possible. Check it our early then get it just before you leave. The discount is better.

actually its more like Gimbel's or Orbach's or any of the myriad others that have gone out of business in the US. Macy's is the one survivor of the middle of the road department stores in the US.

Korvette's anyone :)

actually its more like Gimbel's or Orbach's or any of the myriad others that have gone out of business in the US. Macy's is the one survivor of the middle of the road department stores in the US.

Korvette's anyone :)

Yes Macey's is the a survivor. I was trying to put it into perspective for Bermudians. My point was -- Trimminghams closing in Bermuda is like Macey's closing. It has always been there -- you can't imagine shopping in Bermuda without a Trimminghams......or I should say -- some of us use to be Bermudians can't imagine.

Yes Macey's is the a survivor. I was trying to put it into perspective for Bermudians. My point was -- Trimminghams closing in Bermuda is like Macey's closing. It has always been there -- you can't imagine shopping in Bermuda without a Trimminghams......or I should say -- some of us use to be Bermudians can't imagine.

Yes but it is still Macy's...as in RH Macy's and all the Bam stores became Macy's too...some of them actually still exist...Rt4 for instance.

The one I miss the most is B Altman's...

no you're not old, because I remember Bambergers too! I also remember my mom's Bam's charge plate -- that's what they called it, a charge plate, not a charge card -- I think because it was narrower than the cards you see today.

Less than a week and counting before I'll see for my self if Trimminghams's has any bargains.

Yes but it is still Macy's...as in RH Macy's and all the Bam stores became Macy's too...some of them actually still exist...Rt4 for instance.

The one I miss the most is B Altman's...

I'm not explaining myself -- Imagine how you would feel if Macy's closed -- ahhh -- that's it -- that's how I feel about Triminghams in Bermuda closing.

WELL, only if your husband is Mike and your son is Marty!

HI there! I think it's us!

We're leaving on the Zenith on Saturday. My parents, to celebrate their 50th anniversary, are taking all 4 daughters and our families on this cruise. Plus we have 5 other extended family members going, bringing us up to 21. We plan on having a blast!

If you want any specific info from this cruise or the island, please email me,

tgsesq@aol.com

I will try to get you what you're looking for! :)

Take care!

Terry

On the front of the Alexander's in Paramus was what was considered back in 1960 the largest painting in the world (200 ft X 50 ft.). I attached a couple of links about it below.

http://www.glass-on-metal.com/pastart/stefan_knapp.htm

http://www.midnightsociety.com/web/abandoned/Alexanders/alexanders.html

. . . . then surely you remember the giant Santa they used to put up at GSP every Christmas. Now I AM dating myself, but I remember both of those icons of Bergen County (as well as Bam's and Stern's -- and I even remember when Paramus Park first opened).

Ah well, time for my Geritol.

Just found this thread.

I shopped till I dropped at Triminghams last week. Everything was 50 percent off. I bagged some gorgeous Baccarrat crystal candlesticks, Burburry clothes, gold jewelry... bargains! bargains! bargains! There is still plenty left, and I'm told that the store is saving the good stuff for the final sale in July.

(I got a kick out of the prior mentions of the Alexanders murals and the Santa at the GSP)-- I remember all of that! Remember A & S Strauss?

Do I remnember B. Altman's (and Arnold Constable, Bonwits and Best & Co. up the Street - at least L&T is still there and still has the lunch with Scotch Broth)!!!

Am sick over Trimminghamn's, expecially as it is closing before I visit this year. At least I still have that Pumkin shopping bag.

Archived