Some wonderful fares...

Working 2 Cruise

For the first time I was able to take advantage of the Standby Deals which was offered in an e-mail this morning.

Some fantastic fares are offered for the Emerald Princess, and some really good ones on the Pacific Coastals, i.e., $549 for an inside, $599 for an OV...

We've had some really hard times for the last year, my husband has been very sick, etc. So, now I bit the bullet and our cruise is paid in full! The only fly in the ointment is that there are no sea days... Unbelievably, since we live in So. Cal. is that I have never been to San Francisco.

I am kind of hoping for some "rough" seas as we are going against the current, at least to San Francisco.

35 days to go and I cannot wait. Another thing is that my husband does not know. He wanted to go to Hawaii in November but with our circumstances that would be next to impossible.

I have asked this on my roll call, but do you have any good recommendations for a good restaurant in SF near the pier? I believe there are plenty on Fisherman's Wharf, but which ones?

I will make sure to pack sweatshirts... I am so happy and excited! I really love the Sapphire as well.

My favorite restaurant in SF is Tadich's on Calif. St. about 2 blocks from Hyatt Regency.

However, it is closed on Sunday. Another good one is at the Best Western Hotel

in Fishermans Wharf.

Be sure to go to the Ferry Building at the foot of Market St. Good restaurants.

Greg

Scoma's has very good food. It is at Fisherman's Wharf. Little to no atmosphere, however, good food and the waiters have all worked there like 20 to 30 years. Aliotos and Tarantino's are better for atmosphere but very touristy and way, way overpriced, IMHO.

My favorite restaurant in SF is Tadich's on Calif. St. about 2 blocks from Hyatt Regency.

However, it is closed on Sunday. Another good one is at the Best Western Hotel

in Fishermans Wharf.

Be sure to go to the Ferry Building at the foot of Market St. Good restaurants.

Greg

Greg, thanks and see you soon!

Scoma's has very good food. It is at Fisherman's Wharf. Little to no atmosphere, however, good food and the waiters have all worked there like 20 to 30 years. Aliotos and Tarantino's are better for atmosphere but very touristy and way, way overpriced, IMHO.

Thank you! I appreciate the advice! We will be in SF overnight so we will have plenty of time to walk around.

Hi Nina. Enjoy your short countdown!

Gloria

Hi Gloria! How was your cruise to Hawaii? I will enjoy my short countdown. I printed my boarding pass, although I do not have a cabin yet (took advantage of the guarantee roulette before the recategorization takes place)!

My husband is going to kill me! He even asked me yesterday "I hope you are not booking a cruise"... :p

Archived