Dress Code on the Odyssey

chriswat

Odyssey current cruise of 10 days there are 6 elegant, 3 casual and 1 formal so if that's repeated you will need a jacket or if you prefer not then the ill-fitting loan jackets are available.

If you hate jackets then like the guy last night fresh from an 8 hour trip and 2 hours at the bar turned up in the MDR in his polo from the trip, borrowed a jacket and left it on his seat for the duration. What a rebel. That is an area where there is a policy gap. He had a jacket but sat looking like some labourer in from the fields in the midst of several hundred well dressed diners oblivious to the unfortunately unstated reactions of the staff.

Ughhhhhh. :(. Did he have a table companion?

Odyssey current cruise of 10 days there are 6 elegant, 3 casual and 1 formal so if that's repeated you will need a jacket or if you prefer not then the ill-fitting loan jackets are available.

If you hate jackets then like the guy last night fresh from an 8 hour trip and 2 hours at the bar turned up in the MDR in his polo from the trip, borrowed a jacket and left it on his seat for the duration. What a rebel. That is an area where there is a policy gap. He had a jacket but sat looking like some labourer in from the fields in the midst of several hundred well dressed diners oblivious to the unfortunately unstated reactions of the staff.

Wages and work attire for field labor in Australia must be very different from the US. I can't recall having ever seen a field laborer in a Polo and slacks before.

If the cruise lines are selling cruises cheaply then you will I am afraid, get some of this behaviour.

I made no such assumption.

The price paid for the cruise does not dictate such behaviour.

I too have seen bad manners in all classes but bad things do come from charging less money in the service industry.

Your second statement (that you made no such assumption) is not consistent with your first.

Bay chiller

We also pay our service people a living wage so that tipping is largely for better service and not the compulsive reaction and expectation it has become elsewhere.

He had 3 companions, the other male did keep the jacket on.

Archived