KLM site down and I want to book my flight!!

Carolina Daisy

We are going to Europe this summer for a cruise on the Norwegian Jade. But before we go to Venice, we're going to London for 5 days. I've been looking at flights for 4 months now and finally found ones with KLM at a great price ($1586/person) and now that I'm ready to book the site is down!!! I don't want to lose these flights at the low price but I don't know what I can do. Please, if you have any suggestions, please respond.

Thanks, Debra

I have no problem entering the KLM website.

Sometimes it helps to first delete your cookies before and then try again.

Or try to phone them or even contact them through their facebook site (if you are on facebook.)

We are going to Europe this summer for a cruise on the Norwegian Jade. But before we go to Venice, we're going to London for 5 days. I've been looking at flights for 4 months now and finally found ones with KLM at a great price ($1586/person) and now that I'm ready to book the site is down!!! I don't want to lose these flights at the low price but I don't know what I can do. Please, if you have any suggestions, please respond.

Thanks, Debra

Where are you flying from? That doesn't seem like an especially fabulous price, even for high season.

Thanks, Debra

Call them. Often there's a charge for booking through a phone rep, but ask up front if they'll waive that since the website is down and you have no choice but to call.

Where are you flying from? That doesn't seem like an especially fabulous price, even for high season.

We're flying from Raleigh-Durham, NC. When I've called them, they say that the price is now over $1800, they can't get a $1586 flight.

By the way, we're flying to London to spend time with family in Teddington and my mom used to live in Twickenham. Cool user-name!

Debra

We're flying from Raleigh-Durham, NC. When I've called them, they say that the price is now over $1800, they can't get a $1586 flight.

By the way, we're flying to London to spend time with family in Teddington and my mom used to live in Twickenham. Cool user-name!

Debra

Check AA. Playing around with what I assume are your dates - July 13-27 - I'm seeing flights in the low $1400s.

Perhaps all the tickets in that fare class are now gone. The price seems too high to me also. I'd keep looking.

Check AA. Playing around with what I assume are your dates - July 13-27 - I'm seeing flights in the low $1400s.

We're flying to London on 7/13, to Venice on 7/18 and back to Raleigh on 7/27. I've found Air France for $1773 and American for $1950. Those are the best options I've found. All the KLM flights are now over $2000 and I had a very helpful lady try to get it lower this morning but no luck. Oh well, this is the last big item I need to get for our trip -cruise and hotels are done!!

We're flying to London on 7/13, to Venice on 7/18 and back to Raleigh on 7/27. I've found Air France for $1773 and American for $1950. Those are the best options I've found. All the KLM flights are now over $2000 and I had a very helpful lady try to get it lower this morning but no luck. Oh well, this is the last big item I need to get for our trip -cruise and hotels are done!!

IF you are trying to book this as one ticket with the STOPOVER in London, that is adding a LOT to the price.

I would certainly take a look at what cruising cockroach posted. Put London/VCE on a separate ticket.

I can see a way to book this via Aer Lingus through JFK and Dublin with the 5 days in London for less than $1500. Luggage allowance stays with you. There are a lot of options if you are willing to book the London/Venice separately but you may have to worry about luggage allowance or fly business class (which in the scheme of things is generally not a lot more than paying for luggage and sometimes less).

Debra

It's very possible that in between the day you saw the $1586, and the day you decided to book, that all tickets at that price sold out.

As someone mentioned, the stopover in London is likely driving the price up. I can see $1441 on Delta flying RDU-LON on 7/13, returning VCE-RDU on 7/27, and I can see around $91 as a separate one way on British Air, LON-VCE on 7/18. That adds up to $1532, which is less that your original price of $1586.

As someone mentioned, the stopover in London is likely driving the price up. I can see $1441 on Delta flying RDU-LON on 7/13, returning VCE-RDU on 7/27, and I can see around $91 as a separate one way on British Air, LON-VCE on 7/18. That adds up to $1532, which is less that your original price of $1586.

I've been looking at these flight options this afternoon, I wonder what's the earliest flight I can reasonably catch in Venice - our cruise gets in on the 27th at 8am? This could be a great solution, Thanks!!!

Debra

Archived