Normal for Hotel Jazz?

Hello all!

I have booked two triple rooms at Hotel Jazz for post-cruise in July. My question is concerning the booking process.

The hotel website did not appear to have any triple rooms available when I went to book, so I emailed them directly. Upon receiving a return email stating that they did indeed have these rooms, I sent them my credit card information and requested a confirmation number. When I put this number into the website's reservation modifier, just to verify accurate details, there was no reservation (it said it did not exist). :confused:

I notified them of this, and they said that because I did not book online, it would not appear and I should print out the email as verification. However, it has me worried that this is not legitimate. I hate to be paranoid about the situation, but because the rooms were not originally showing available online, my credit card number was sent through an email, and I have no way of verifying this reservation's existence... I'm a little worried I will show up and not have any rooms with my name on them.

I know Europeans have more of a "trust" contract about this sort of thing, but I am American and I do not trust people this easily :p. So my question to y'all is, is this normal? Should I be worried? Have you done this before?

Thank you for your help :)

Why not just call them again and ask what they have you confirmed for and ask for another confirmation to be emailed. Also call your credit card company and check any chargges as they should not put them through until you stay. I just booked the colon online and everything seems legit there. Normal online booking and email confirmajtion return. Good luck. I would be concerned as well and double check.

Why not just call them again and ask what they have you confirmed for and ask for another confirmation to be emailed. Also call your credit card company and check any chargges as they should not put them through until you stay. I just booked the colon online and everything seems legit there. Normal online booking and email confirmajtion return. Good luck. I would be concerned as well and double check.

I have considered calling them, and probably will. I have not yet because of the long distance fees. I just wanted to see if anybody else has experienced this with the hotel before I freaked out for nothing. No charges on the credit card, as of yet.

I hope you didn't email them your credit card details--always a bad idea.

It's probably fine, but you should at least get some kind of confirmation number. As for charges--what payment arrangement did they specify? Pau upfront, or pay when you arrive, or...?

I think it's very strange that they didn't send you a confirmation number, you need that to assure yourself that you do indeed have a reservation and also in case you need to modify or cancel. Why not try another email specifically and succinctly requesting a confirmation number before trying a long distance phone call? I wouldn't have confidence in any reservation without a number, I'd look for another hotel if they won't send you one. It shouldn't matter how you booked, this doesn;t sound right.

Archived