Cruising from new Orleans april2014-nov2014

cruisinmeme

Hurricane season. Probably all repositioned.

I do believe you are correct. I have always sailed ccl until recently. All ncl cruises were in January and 3 for November . Only once with rccl and it was January. They stop sailing out of new Orleans during hurricane season also.

Then I was wondering why stop in April when hurricane season doesn't even start until end of June, but guess they take the ship to Alaska to start cruising in may.

Thanks for waking me up.

CCL is about the only company that does late spring and summer Caribbean cruises anymore from the Gulf Ports as most lines pull their ships for more profitable Europe and Alaska itineraries. The new NCL Getaway will join the Sky and sail year round from Miami next year. I think next year RCI will have the Oasis and Allure of the Seas also doing Caribbean from FLL during the summer and late spring. RCI also keeps one ship in Port Canaveral most of the year to compete with Disney. I do not think hurricane season has as much to do as profitability seems to dictate where the ships spend the summer.

The Star only sails part of the year from New Orleans. We are sailing on the first cruise in Europe on May 7th this year for a Baltics Capitals Cruise. You will have to sail on Carnival if you want late Spring/Summer from New Orleans.

Archived