First time on NCL need some advice please

2aussiegolfers

Hello,

Some advice please :)

I have booked our flight (Hawaiian Airlines) from Las Vegas to Honolulu, on 28th December, the day we sail on Pride of America. Now I am getting a little worried that if anything goes wrong with the flight we may miss the ship. We land in Honolulu at 1.10pm, does anyone have any experience with this trip am I worrying for nothing. We are traveling from Australia the cruise is part our holiday plan.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello,

Some advice please :)

I have booked our flight (Hawaiian Airlines) from Las Vegas to Honolulu, on 28th December, the day we sail on Pride of America. Now I am getting a little worried that if anything goes wrong with the flight we may miss the ship. We land in Honolulu at 1.10pm, does anyone have any experience with this trip am I worrying for nothing. We are traveling from Australia the cruise is part our holiday plan.

Thanks in advance :)

wow you will be cutting it close one delay and you will miss the ship... I wouldnt fly in day of any cruise my parents are planning a hawaii cruise and flying in 3 days before..

We flew from SFO to HNL the same day arriving at 11:30am. Everything worked great, we arrived at the pier by noon with easy check-in. I hadn't even joined Cruise Critic or started reading the posts. Fortunately from the West Coast there are no stop overs for delays however if your plane is delayed you could be in a pickle. I see the POA doesn't sail until 7pm so there is some leeway. With all that being said if I do it over again, I'll fly the day before. Good Luck with whatever you choose.

I'd look up the on time performance history of the flight in question. Kayak.com will tell you. The ship isn't leaving until 7:00 p.m. which means you need to be in line by 5:00 p.m. I personally wouldn't worry to much. Worst case, inter-island flight if you miss the ship and catch the ship the next day. But I don't sweat to much. YMMV.....

Thank you everyone for your comments,

I have checked on the past ontime status of the flight we are on and no major delays, I have also looked at changing the flight but because I have used ff points it will cost me in $ more than I paid for the flight.

So I will just keep fingers crossed, they live up to their ontime record and hope for the best. otherwise I will be looking at interisland flights as a backup.

Thanks again everyone

Seeing as how it's a Hawaii cruise I wouldn't worry too much just because in the worst case you may have to fly from one island to another to catch up with your ship which would only cost you a day. If it was another cruise where ports were more spread out I'd definately want to fly in at least 24-36 hours before embarkation. If we hadn't booked a flight 2 days in advance back in 2007 from Los Angeles to Ft Lauderdale FL we'd have missed the ship and 2 days of cruising due to massive weather delays.

Archived