Blue Flag Taxis, etc.

Nightengale212

Hubby and I will be sailing this June to Bermuda on the Breakaway and want to do a 4-5 hour taxi tour on the day we arrive which is Wednesday as we have never been to Bermuda. I really do not want to pre book a taxi, but thinking about 4000 pax on this ship and a good portion of them maybe considering doing the same and wondering if it will be difficult for us to readily get a Blue Flag Taxi ?

Harbor Nights in Hamilton is on the same night we arrive, would like to do this but may be wiped out from all day touring. Is this a must do activity, and is it difficult to catch the ferry back to the ship ?

On our 2nd full day we are planning to take the bus to Horseshoe Beach in the morning for a few hours then head back to the ship to change and have a bite to eat then maybe do something "boaty" later in the day. Are boat excursions easy to get at Dockyard, or are these activities something that should be pre booked ?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Hubby and I will be sailing this June to Bermuda on the Breakaway and want to do a 4-5 hour taxi tour on the day we arrive which is Wednesday as we have never been to Bermuda. I really do not want to pre book a taxi, but thinking about 4000 pax on this ship and a good portion of them maybe considering doing the same and wondering if it will be difficult for us to readily get a Blue Flag Taxi ?

Harbor Nights in Hamilton is on the same night we arrive, would like to do this but may be wiped out from all day touring. Is this a must do activity, and is it difficult to catch the ferry back to the ship ?

On our 2nd full day we are planning to take the bus to Horseshoe Beach in the morning for a few hours then head back to the ship to change and have a bite to eat then maybe do something "boaty" later in the day. Are boat excursions easy to get at Dockyard, or are these activities something that should be pre booked ?

Thanks in advance for your input.

You're not just in competition for a taxi with 4,000 passengers from your ship, but also with 2,000 from Celebrity Summit, which will be in port the same days as the Breakaway. Realistically, the only way to be sure you'll be able to get a taxi for your tour is to book one in advance.

Harbour Nights is a street fair type of event. I would call it "nice to see once". They run extra ferries when the Harbour Nights festival is held, but with the much larger Breakaway bringing in an extra 2,000 passengers beyond what previous NCL ships to Bermuda have carried, I suspect there will be even greater than usual strains on the bus and ferry system.

With so many passengers being in port, it probably makes sense to book in advance.

Archived