New Disney Cruiser... First night aboard

glo3479

Ok... all of you that have sailed on Disney in the past, we will be sailing on the Wonder, April 27th and my question is "Do you need to dress for Dinner on the first night aboard?"

I was wondering if my grandson would have to change out of his shorts..since we have early seating and I believe there is a sail away party?

This is directly from the DCL web-site:

Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements.

From my experience, I would say don't worry about your dress the first night. We did not even have our luggage unpacked by the time of our first seating that night and went in the clothes we were wearing all day. No worries.

Disney requests no shorts in the dining rooms at dinner and your luggage will be delivered to your room at least 30 minutes prior to dinner.

Seriously, how long does it take to pull off a pair of shorts and slip into a pair of pants? Maybe all of 30 seconds?

They are pretty relaxed on the first day. I have seen people dressed just like they came in, specially on early dining. You can always eat at the buffet on the upper deck if you want to.

Cruises are meat to have fun and relax, don't let others opinions stress you out.;)

They are pretty relaxed on the first day. I have seen people dressed just like they came in, specially on early dining. You can always eat at the buffet on the upper deck if you want to.

Cruises are meat to have fun and relax, don't let others opinions stress you out.;)

No shorts at dinner is not someone's opinion, it's Disney's rules.

Many people will be in shorts on the first night. Specially on early dining. It maybe a Disney rule, but they do not enforce it, at least on the first night. I have seen many older, younger people wearing them at diner. The world will not end, the cruise will still continue, the Disney police will not be called and you will not get kicked out of the ship.

Sorry, but that's the reality, like it or not!

Archived