Deluxe suite on zandaan vs celebrity infinity sky suite

Hi cruise critic nation...

Considering a cruise around the horn and wondered how HAL deluxe suite compares with celebrity infinity sky suite? HAL suite definitely larger and sounds as if we can bring as much wine as we want but an concerned with some comments that the zandaan suites are dowdy and maybe a little dated and dirty? Neptune lounge sounds like a winner. So we're really on the fence.

Help! Thanks so much!

Considering a cruise around the horn and wondered how HAL deluxe suite compares with celebrity infinity sky suite? HAL suite definitely larger and sounds as if we can bring as much wine as we want but an concerned with some comments that the zandaan suites are dowdy and maybe a little dated and dirty? Neptune lounge sounds like a winner. So we're really on the fence.

Help! Thanks so much!

I've had a sky suite on Celebrity before (not the same ship).

What a huge disappointment. There is NO comparison to the Deluxe Veranda Suites on HAL - at least not for us.

Help! Thanks so much!

ok we had delux on Zuiderdam and Veendam and sky on Solictice, I thought Sky was a little nicer but a little smaller. Perks a little better on Hal, although they do give you a free dinner at a specialty resturant with Celeberity suites, either is a good choice.

What were the differences for you? Very interested in your opinion. And was the vaandam a little on the ragged side? I know it was updated in 2011

Size of the rooms of course and the balcony. We were supposed to have concierge service - didn't see much of that and it didn't compare to the Neptune Lounge. The beds are far more comfortable on HAL.

As well, there was no special place for breakfast when we were on (or if there was no one told us about it). On HAL breakfast is in the Pinnacle Grill if you are doing the Neptune (Deluxe Verandah) suite.

As well, there was no suite luncheon on Celebrity nor a suite reception.

I noticed you got a free dinner on Celebrity - we did not receive that.

To put it mildly, it was no comparison for us.

I'm sorry I haven't been on this ship, but I have been on her sister ship and thought it was fabulous.

Archived