Is Champagne Considered Wine

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne aboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of USD 25.00.

I was hoping I could bring a couple of bottle onboard with me. I know 2 bottles of wine are allowed, but does that include the sparkling kind?

Yes, as already mentioned 750ml each, and must be in carryon and must be declared if asked at security.

Mike

Yes, as already mentioned 750ml each, and must be in carryon and must be declared if asked at security.

Mike

I'm not aware of any Royal requirement that wine bottles must be in a carry on. Using the carry on is best for us, but I believe people are allowed to bring on wine that is stored in checked bags.

I'm not aware of any Royal requirement that wine bottles must be in a carry on. Using the carry on is best for us, but I believe people are allowed to bring on wine that is stored in checked bags.

In their Q & A section online, there is no mention of having the wine in carry-on luggage. However, when boarding Enchantment 1/26, it was required to be in carry-on's at the Baltimore Cruiseport.

Only if they want to go to the naughty room to have it pulled out and prove that it is wine..... It is all about were you want to spend your time. Of course you may get lucky and it will sneak through, they have no way of knowing if it is liquor or wine unless you bring it through carryon.

Mike

My wine is always in my checked baggage. Why should I lug it around....lol. What I like to do is take a roll of paper towels, gut out the center of the roll. Then I just slide the wine bottle in the paper towel sleeve. Never had any breakage.

Thanks all. I guess I will be picking up a bottle or two for our june trip. And BTW, Korbel is the only domestic sparkling wine allowed to be labeled as champagne. They have some deal with the French because they use the approved methods. Learned this on a tour of their cellars in Calif. Also learned there are lot more varieties of champagne than I see in the stores.

It needs to be in a sealed wine bottle. I took metheglin on board, which is a honey based wine. It looks like wine, so no questions there.

I am sure glad that "metheglin" is a honey-based wine, because it certainly does not SOUND like a wine!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D

I was hoping I could bring a couple of bottle onboard with me. I know 2 bottles of wine are allowed, but does that include the sparkling kind?

Yes it does, 2 bottles of wine or champagne per cabin.

2 months ago in the evening saw a very young couple going up to their cabin with a bottle of champagne in hand and a suitcase with a sticker "alchohol" - I asked, from naughty room? They only nodded. When I said, it will be a good story to tell later, they smiled.

And BTW, Korbel is the only domestic sparkling wine allowed to be labeled as champagne. They have some deal with the French because they use the approved methods. Learned this on a tour of their cellars in Calif.

More like the French winemakers still think it's misleading and don't like it, but there was some trade agreement between US winemakers and the EU that grandfathered in Korbel and one or two other producers to continue using the term "California Champagne." It was not based on the methods, though, but rather on the fact that they had been using the term for a long time and successfully lobbied for the grandfather clause.

My wine is always in my checked baggage. Why should I lug it around....lol. What I like to do is take a roll of paper towels, gut out the center of the roll. Then I just slide the wine bottle in the paper towel sleeve. Never had any breakage.

That is a GREAT idea....:D

Archived