Need a dolphins swim for a 7 y.o. - which one?

jamminlion

I jumped ahead of myself and promised my girls they could swim with dolphins next year on our Western cruise. We want to do this in Cozumel - but need one that will work for a 7 year old. The ship sponsored tour (my last resort) says 8 years and up.

Anyone with any experience with a child younger than 8 swimming with the dolphins?

Go with Chankanaab. They will love the dolphin swim and the park is amazing.

We absolutely loved going to Chankanaab (why else would we do it twice in a 6 month period :D).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=59

Dolphin swim at Chankanaab if you are interested in doing that too: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...7&postcount=65

Other review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=48

• 2 weeks later...

We did both chankanaab and dolphinais. I liked chankanaab better. I don't think anyone will ask her age. Oh, at dolphinais, you cannot take a camera in and take pics. They charge a ton! At chankanaab, it's slightly more reasonable, but they let me watch my son from the dock and take pics. I didnt feel gauged.

mitsugirly thanks so very much for the links you profided us to see and experience this experience with your husband and little girl. By the way your little girl is just adorable.. your photos and video was great to this gal that has no idea on what to expect on this cruise or any of the Excursions. We are looking into the Dolphin swim.. Problem is years ago my daughter went on a dolphin swim, and to her she is thinking of a handshake and kiss would not be to her liking since she has already been on a swim.. Myself a handshake, kiss and just touching this incredible animal would be just amazing.. looking at yoru pics and video just makes me want to do it even more so.. At first we were thinking of doing the Sea Lions but then I saw somewhere where you could do the turtle farm and dolphin swim and was thinking of that one.. So not sure which way we will go it will depend on the price.

I just want to say thank you more than once for sharing your photos and video with us..

to those that has not seen them, clilck on her links and go visit and enjoy. it is worth it.

mitsugirly thanks so very much for the links you profided us to see and experience this experience with your husband and little girl. By the way your little girl is just adorable.. your photos and video was great to this gal that has no idea on what to expect on this cruise or any of the Excursions. We are looking into the Dolphin swim.. Problem is years ago my daughter went on a dolphin swim, and to her she is thinking of a handshake and kiss would not be to her liking since she has already been on a swim.. Myself a handshake, kiss and just touching this incredible animal would be just amazing.. looking at yoru pics and video just makes me want to do it even more so.. At first we were thinking of doing the Sea Lions but then I saw somewhere where you could do the turtle farm and dolphin swim and was thinking of that one.. So not sure which way we will go it will depend on the price.

I just want to say thank you more than once for sharing your photos and video with us..

to those that has not seen them, clilck on her links and go visit and enjoy. it is worth it.

Aww, thanks so much for the comment. I appreciate it. I can't wait until our now 4 year old can do the actual "swim" with the push and pull part. My oldest daughter did it last year and LOVED it. They took her really high up in the air. I don't know if you saw that video or not. It's located on my second review on the last page and I think it's the second to last video. IMG_79272-378x450.jpg

Just remember, when we did ours, they also let us do the manatee swim as well (for free) and I have heard others (on here) say that they got to do the swim too. So, I'm not sure if that's something they normally do or if it's something that they just play by ear (depending on how many are there that day and the bookings). So it's possible you could do the manatee as well. :D I didn't realize until that swim how gentle these creatures are and I definitely didn't realize you could train them! They would wave and everything. So neat.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do. You'll have fun.

We did both chankanaab and dolphinais. I liked chankanaab better. I don't think anyone will ask her age. Oh, at dolphinais, you cannot take a camera in and take pics. They charge a ton! At chankanaab, it's slightly more reasonable, but they let me watch my son from the dock and take pics. I didnt feel gauged.

After doing the Chakanaab dolphin excursion we went to get the photos they took of us. Honestly I actually haggled the price down a bit with the sales guy. They were pricey to begin with and people were just okay with paying. :cool:

Archived