Taxi's readily available at cruise dock in Sydney?

Just wondering if there are plenty of taxi's available at the cruise dock? If so, are they available to do private tours? We are interested in going to the Highland village museum, and the Alexander graham Bell museum, and check out the scenery on the way to and from.

I have no personal knowledge but this is what I have in my notes:

We used City Wide Taxi in Sydney. Met us as we exited the ship with sign. Kent was our driver. He was excellent. His van held 7 people; he took us to Louisbourg waited and then took us back to the ship. He even stopped twice so we could get coffee from Tim Hortons. I highly recommend him. We spoke directly to him before the trip.

We were on a Princess cruise which arrived at 1:00 pm. You can imagine the mad dash to get off. While there are taxis available all were gone by the time we got out. But, Kent was there waiting for us.

The cost for the taxi and admission was less that the ship's tour and we able to stay longer at the fort.

Another post about a taxi service in Sydney:http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154967-i326-k4847897-Tours_from_Cruise_Ships_at_Sydney_Port-Nova_Scotia.html#36180250

We took the ships excursion to the Alexander Grand Bell museum, but I recall seeing taxi's all lined up in front of where you walked off the ship. They were personal vehicle type ones with signs held up. I recall it being a really long ride there. We got a little stir crazy on the bus with the tour lady rambling about her grandson.

My cruise that stopped in Sydney was about 8 years ago, maybe someone else can comment more recently.

Archived