Prices went way up this afternoon!

GAMOM4

:confused:You had better really be watching the prices on the cruises....after dropping several times in the past few days....yesterday $110.00 ... this afternoon the price of my cruise went up higher than I originally paid for it...what on earth is causing them to change prices several times a day...I wonder if they went up on prices since it is the weekend

:confused:You had better really be watching the prices on the cruises....after dropping several times in the past few days....yesterday $110.00 ... this afternoon the price of my cruise went up higher than I originally paid for it...what on earth is causing them to change prices several times a day...I wonder if they went up on prices since it is the weekend

Must be a CCL sale coming. :rolleyes:

Prices are always going up and down on every cruise! It's called supply and demand, basic economics!

The price was lower during the week because of a sale they had going on. I was able to get some OBC because of a price drop. But now the sale must be over because the price of my cruise went back up!

Must be a CCL sale coming. :rolleyes:

There is. For PG we'll see the sale on Monday; all others will see it on Tuesday and the sale will end on Friday. Supposedly the one on Monday will be better and we'll only be able to take advantage of that one just on Monday.

The sale will feature up to $600 savings on select sailing through August 2013. The PG preview will feature the best available upgrades on Monday only. Everyone else will enjoy great low rates Tuesday - Friday.

Both of our sailing went WAY UP too!!!!! My first thought was...is the increase because of some folks having to reschedule? :confused:

It's much more than the cost we booked at...ugh.

After watching PRICES for about 6 weeks we booked our cruise for September.The other reason is because the room we wanted opened up. I don't know if someone canceled or what but we got the room we wanted for the cheapest price.

I've checked this afternoon, too, and it looks like the "Spring Into Savings" sale prices (sale supposedly extended through Saturday--tomorrow) have disappeared on every cruise I checked. Could be another Carnival.com glitch.

I would think they also would have to lower to get anyone on the ships...the way things are going....but guess someone has to pay for all these extra cost they have had..with these ships!

I just checked the price for my July cruise. It went up by $200! Well, I hope the sale on Monday will drop it some more for me. I may purchase the Cheers Program. But even if the cruise doesn't fall anymore I did pay a good price. They finally took away the Resident's rate. :(

Both of our sailing went WAY UP too!!!!! My first thought was...is the increase because of some folks having to reschedule? :confused:

It's much more than the cost we booked at...ugh.

I think your right on Cool Cat! I think the same thing happened when our Triumph cruise was canceled. Thousands of people possibly rebooking with discount so they raise prices!

After watching PRICES for about 6 weeks we booked our cruise for September.The other reason is because the room we wanted opened up. I don't know if someone canceled or what but we got the room we wanted for the cheapest price.

Yes, we got a great deal on ours too....SO glad we booked when we did...the price now with the spring sale not showing up is :eek:

I think your right on Cool Cat! I think the same thing happened when our Triumph cruise was canceled. Thousands of people possibly rebooking with discount so they raise prices!

I noticed that too!!!! So basically, they book at the increased price, take the discount they get for the cancellation and VOILA....overall price matches what WE paid....hate to even think like that but, it's a numbers game...:(

I just checked, the $609 Spring into Savings past guest price is still there for the Sunshine in October, which is the same price as this morning when I submitted my price protection form.

Something must be going on with their site.....at least I HOPE that's what is going on.

There is. For PG we'll see the sale on Monday; all others will see it on Tuesday and the sale will end on Friday. Supposedly the one on Monday will be better and we'll only be able to take advantage of that one just on Monday.

The sale will feature up to $600 savings on select sailing through August 2013. The PG preview will feature the best available upgrades on Monday only. Everyone else will enjoy great low rates Tuesday - Friday.

I'll be cruising on Monday and I've never used the Internet Cafe on any of my prior cruises. Would I be correct to assume I could log onto carnival.com for free and check the prices of my upcoming cruises? If they are lower, would I then be able to submit the price protection forms online also for free? Thanks in advance. Kari

I'll be cruising on Monday and I've never used the Internet Cafe on any of my prior cruises. Would I be correct to assume I could log onto carnival.com for free and check the prices of my upcoming cruises? If they are lower, would I then be able to submit the price protection forms online also for free? Thanks in advance. Kari

Interesting thought.

Yes, you can do that. I have done it on a prior cruise. Access to carnival.com is free at the internet cafes.

From 4am till 6pm today our cruise price moved 6 times. I cought a good 1 this morning. Went from 4 people in 1 Inside room to 2 in 1 Inside and 2 other people in a OV and got $39 in OBC. I liked going from 1 cabin to 2 and getting OBC...:D

Archived