Istanbul - Bosphorus 2 hour cruise

Hi All,

When I was in Istanbul last year we had a fabulous Bosphorus cruise booked through the cruise line (Cunard). I am now cruising with my family group of 6 and would like to repeat the experience but this cruise line (NCL) doesn't offer a Bosphorus cruise excursion.

How would I book a Bosphorus cruise or is it possible just to "turn up on the day" at the cruise port where the day cruises go from without booking?

Thanks in advance

:)

Yes you can do it , but get ther early! be surprised how much cheaper it is to do it your self.We have only done it when staying at an hotel, but did everything on our own even to walking to the dock 'will be even easier for you .good luck!

In 2011 we were in Istanbul post-cruise and had a fabulous time. We took the almost all-day Nostalgia ferry. In planning our time I found that the web site Turkey Travel Planner is excellent. Here's the link to the Bosphorus: Bosphorus Cruise in Istanbul, Turkey

If you go to "home" there's a place to search towards the bottom of the page. He gives wonderful suggestions for all part of your trip.

Have fun!!

There's also Turyol, which is 1.5 hours, located right at the Galata Bridge (to the right)--just over the bridge.

Also, we took a ferry from Eminonu--it was pier 2 or 3--right there on the docks. You can stop anywhere it stops--just note the times it comes back. We did what the book said--got off at Sariyer, it was too long--2 or 3 hours. Next time we're getting off at another stop and having lunch as well.)

If you don't want to wait for the ferry, another way to get "local color" is to take the 24E back to the terminal.....Might take you a couple of hours, though, but you will see parts of Istanbul that you never knew existed.....

Have a good time--absolutely love Istanbul!

We just did the Turyol tour and although there isn't commentary, it is a nice, relaxing thing to do. I used some of the parts of the "Rick Steves Istanbul" book to help know what we were looking at.

Here's the link to information about Turyol's tours:http://www.turyol.com/en/tarifeler.asp

Click on "Bosphorus Tours" for the price. Click on Eminönü to get the latest time tables.

The boats leave from the dock right behind where all the buses are. Tickets are sold at a kiosk closer to the Galata bridge at a spot that is between the fish sandwich buses and where the boats depart. It took us a while to find it.

Archived