Winning A Ship on A Stick Trophy!

I love winning a "ship on a stick" or medal on the cruise ship. I make it my goal to always collect a "ship on a stick" trophy before leaving. I know there are always people looking for ways to win one so I thought I would share this:

Source: www.embarkandaway.com

1. Participate in as many activities that give prizes as you can:

a) Participate in trivia.

b) Participate in scavenger hunts.

c) Participate in bean bag toss games.

d) Participate in gameshows or events that need a volunteer.

e) Show up to as many activities as you can!

(Note: Some activities on CCL don't have prizes involved. But it is always worth a try!)

2. Ask for a prize at the end of the cruise if you still have not won anything:

- Typically entertainment staff members will give away an extra prize if they have one on them.

About #2: I have asked many times for a ship on a stick trophy and the crew members have always been nice and given me one! I have seen many kids ask for one on the last day and have never seen a request get turned down.

Do you have any ideas or ways about winning a ship on a stick trophy or medal?

We just got back today from our first cruise. We were on the Breeze and won a Ship on a Stick and the Medals! Our Ship on the Stick we won playing Trivia, the game was Tri-Bond and we came in 2nd in Win Lose or Draw and each received a medal :-)

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

On port days stay on board (or return early) and participate in events with minimal competition.

We have 9 ships and 7 medals from our Carnival Magic trip a few years ago (note: we only used the above strategy once :))

DH and I won one on our Liberty cruise from doing 90's Name that Tune. I was so proud of us, and amazed that DH got up in front of everyone and danced like MC Hammer all because I wanted a plastic trinket. I wouldn't feel the same if I'd just asked someone for it, but that's just me.

Hoping to win a SOAS on the nest cruise and start a collection.

On my Ecstasy cruise, my DD and I were at every trivia game and did the bean bag toss. I was going to skip the Sports Trivia because, I'm not a sports trivia person but the Joey talk me into staying and playing.

I actually did know the answer to around 8 of the 20 questions, for the other 12 questions, I put really funny answers down. After revealing the answers to the first 10 questions, Joey kept looking at my paper to see what I had written down for the next answer. I had him cracking up.

After it was over, I handed him my answer sheet and told him it was a souvenir to keep on how bad I was at sports trivia and he handed me a Ship on a Stick for giving him a great laugh.

My wife is definitely better at winning a ship on a stick than I am, but we have a small collection of them (Victory, Fascination, Freedom x2, Spirit, and I think one more that I can't remember right now). I claim 1 1/2 of them (one was for the Scavenger hunt, and I can't remember what I did on the Freedom to win or at least half win that one).

My wife did do a Beatles name that tune--she's quite good at knowing Beatles songs--and got all 20 right. Unfortunately, two other people got all 20 right as well and it came down to a tie-breaker with questions about the entertainment host that she didn't do very well on, so even though she got a perfect score, she walked away with no ship on a stick.

I've never thought about out and out asking for one, but if they've seen you participate at events and just not win, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth just asking.

Just went and counted, and I've got sixteen of the coveted 24-caret gold, plastic, pieces of ship on a stick, and the lovely Mrs. Jones has five. (She'll NEVER catch up!) ;) I won 95% of mine singing aboard ship. Keep in mind that I've sailed many, many times, and don't win a SOS on each and every cruise, but I'm very proud of my collection. :cool:

"SKY"

• 2 years later...
Won 5 on my last cruise.. ! Have a collection of them at home.

If I had won 5 of the same SOS on one cruise, I would have been giving them away to kids all around me to bring big smiles to their faces and their families.

On the Fantasy last year, everyone who got up for the very last karaoke song one night got a ship. We had to write down our name and room number. They were delivered to our cabins the next day. I think about 20 people got one.

I love winning a "ship on a stick" or medal on the cruise ship. I make it my goal to always collect a "ship on a stick" trophy before leaving. I know there are always people looking for ways to win one so I thought I would share this:

Source: www.embarkandaway.com

1. Participate in as many activities that give prizes as you can:

a) Participate in trivia.

b) Participate in scavenger hunts.

c) Participate in bean bag toss games.

d) Participate in gameshows or events that need a volunteer.

e) Show up to as many activities as you can!

(Note: Some activities on CCL don't have prizes involved. But it is always worth a try!)

2. Ask for a prize at the end of the cruise if you still have not won anything:

- Typically entertainment staff members will give away an extra prize if they have one on them.

About #2: I have asked many times for a ship on a stick trophy and the crew members have always been nice and given me one! I have seen many kids ask for one on the last day and have never seen a request get turned down.

Do you have any ideas or ways about winning a ship on a stick trophy or medal?

We have 16 ships on sticks, one from each of our 16 Carnival cruises. All but two were won by winning trivia. All are on a bookshelf in the family room.

We love trivia. After we win one ship on a stick, we are happy.

We see no need for more than one and we want to give other people a chance. :D

Yep, I got the last one for being the team leader for a women vs. men super trivia, even though we lost. Play a lot in the activities nand then the crew gets to know you and if you are involved, odds are you will eventually get a ship on a stick.

On port days stay on board (or return early) and participate in events with minimal competition.

We have 9 ships and 7 medals from our Carnival Magic trip a few years ago (note: we only used the above strategy once :))

Now that is being greedy:D

If I had won 5 of the same SOS on one cruise, I would have been giving them away to kids all around me to bring big smiles to their faces and their families.

Agree, you only need one SOAS for each ship.

I love playing trivia and once I have my ship I am happy and give the others away to the runner up etc.

28 ships on a stick and a bunch of medals. Know nothing about cars, planes and one other ting I don't remember but I won that one even though I got there late--I was able to catch up.

I can't do the music ones--know all the tunes but couldn't tell you who sang it unless it was Elvis, The Eagles or the Beatles. Also never read Harry Potter and don't know Disney trivia at all.

Once I teamed up with 2 young ladies for the name that famous person you ID'd from pictures. I wouldn't know Brittany Spears if she came to my front door. They did. We won because I was the only one to ID Lady Bird Johnson. Everyone else said Queen Elizabeth or Margaret Thatcher!

agreed. After you have one for the ship you are on what is the point of bring home more?

Next cruise for us is the Glory and already have one and if we win one would find someone to give it too.

My 7 year-old daughter received one on the Conquest for telling a joke on stage. They were handing out gifts to the children that participated in joke telling, but had run out. She did not know how cool her Ship was and probably will not appreciate it for a long time.

We have the top of the china cabinet lined with ships from each one we've sailed, even a couple we haven't (MIL if they win two gives me one for our collection). We won our Liberty one doing the digital scavenger hunt. Now we look forward to doing the scavenger hunt, we had a BLAST running around the ship trying to get pictures of everything on the list.