Winning A Ship on A Stick Trophy!

I know a friend that simply emails JH and asks if he can have one placed in his room each sailing. Now I must say, my friend takes like 3-4 cruises a year. I told him that's cheating LOL

I WON mine fair and square and mine says SLOT TOURNAMENT CHAMPION! :D

shiponstick.jpg.b654a897126c1070bf9063b145dbc0ca.jpg

Edited by wiskt

I know a friend that simply emails JH and asks if he can have one placed in his room each sailing. Now I must say, my friend takes like 3-4 cruises a year. I told him that's cheating LOL

That alone makes everyone who has legitimately won one worthless.

wiskt[/b] viewpost.gif

I know a friend that simply emails JH and asks if he can have one placed in his room each sailing. Now I must say, my friend takes like 3-4 cruises a year. I told him that's cheating LOL .

That alone makes everyone who has legitimately won one worthless.

I have to say I agree, but I still would rather have one that I legitimately won over the 50 free ones my friend has. :p

If I had won 5 of the same SOS on one cruise, I would have been giving them away to kids all around me to bring big smiles to their faces and their families.

We do that all the time or sometimes give them to 2nd place or new cruisers who were at trivia and really wanted one. We have had some great reactions from the children and their parents that we have given a trophy to. A few times the parents have asked us how we won and they had no idea there were trivia contests on board.

We have 76 ships on a stick from 23 different Carnival Ships, but have given away many more than that. If we already have 3 trophies from a given ship we try to take none home. Sometimes we will win one late in the cruise and there was a tie for second or we couldn't find a solo child (we hate to give one to a child with a sibling unless we can give one to each kid). Then we end up taking it home.

• 1 year later...

We scored 3 ships on a stick this cruise!

My daughter was spotted dancing to a Kesha song during the 2000s trivia. The host called her up to dance up there with him on the stage in front of over 500 people. She killed it! He gave her one for that.

My fiance had guessed all 20 of those trivia questions as well, scoring number 2.

And I on the other hand was the team leader for the battle of the genders. I had to carry a medal in my bum across the stage and plop it in a cup, scoring number 3.

They also gave me a bottle of champagne :-P

We still have our Ship on a Stick semi-prominently displayed in the living room on a shelf along with ceramic kitten, crocodile and beaver; a small picture of my eldest daughter, an official Major League baseball (given to my daughters during a game by former Cincinnati Reds bullpen coach, Tom Hume) and a picture book of the Biltmore Estates.

My husband got it for participating in the opening night show on the Inspiration. This was June 2004. There were six of us crushing together, and somehow my husband and I did not sit together. Imagine my surprise when I saw my husband on stage. He never volunteer for these things. I'm the volunteerer, yet I was up in the balcony.

That was our last Carnival cruise. Our next cruise is next year. We will see....

I actually TRIED to win one doing trivia on our Dream cruise last February, but not as good at it as I thought. But - before the cruise I e-mailed John Heald asking if he could possibly help us obtain a table in the MDR of us and our family members, this being our first Carnival cruise. Got the table - and when we returned to our room after Cruise Elegant night, there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne, and a ship on a stick from John. Much appreciated.....

I'm evil. We have won a lot of "Ships on a Stick" and they were relegated to a junk drawer. I have to say we threw about eight of them away. :eek: I now give the ship to a kids that may be playing, or with their parents, when playing trivia.

The only two I have now are the ones I have for winning the Blackjack tournament on the Pride and Miracle.

We also have a number of the medals. We gave them to the grandkids and I have no idea where they are now.

It still doesn't stop us from playing trivia or some other activities. It makes the cruise more enjoyable.

Take care,

Mike

• 1 year later...
28 ships on a stick and a bunch of medals. Know nothing about cars, planes and one other ting I don't remember but I won that one even though I got there late--I was able to catch up.

I can't do the music ones--know all the tunes but couldn't tell you who sang it unless it was Elvis, The Eagles or the Beatles. Also never read Harry Potter and don't know Disney trivia at all.

Once I teamed up with 2 young ladies for the name that famous person you ID'd from pictures. I wouldn't know Brittany Spears if she came to my front door. They did. We won because I was the only one to ID Lady Bird Johnson. Everyone else said Queen Elizabeth or Margaret Thatcher!

I know this post is old but I just choked from laughing so hard!!!! LOL

We love our ship on a sticks!! We have 2 and won the first one in a Trivia game and the 2nd one was a game in the pool. They threw a whole bunch of golf balls in the pool and whoever collected the most from the bottom, won. My guy has big, meaty paws, so I just knew he was going to emerge with the most, lol.

We were boarding the Miracle. My DH had his cowboy gear on along with his, what I call, his 10-gallon hat. He loves that hat and it rarely is left behind. A young woman congratulated him and handed him a ship on a stick. I was like ...wait, wait, why? She said he was the hundred person to come onboard!! We are Platinum and were about 30th in line! I still call him a cheater on that one. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums