Lunch options embarkation day on the Pride

The Lido Buffet and the different stations that are in it. (Asian, Deli, Grill, Pizza)

One thing I loved about our cruise on the NCL Star last week was one Main Dining Room was open on embarkation day. Wish Carinval would do that.

ETA-if I am not mistaken they are open until right before Muster Drill.

The Lido as mentioned above. There's a variety and selection for everyone to enjoy. I've havent been to the MDR for lunch in several cruises, and have made a note to go there several times for lunch this cruise, leaving tomorrow.:D

all your food options are on the lido deck.

its all not in one place. its spread out over the whole area.

lido buffet is your only option on embaraktion day. mdr is not opened

all your food options are on the lido deck.

its all not in one place. its spread out over the whole area.

lido buffet is your only option on embaraktion day. mdr is not opened

Is this specific to the Pride type ships? I was on the Magic last year and the Lido was surprisingly empty because they were pushing a lot of people into the MDR for lunch. Some people I talked to said they did not know any better because that was where they were told to go.

That is the first time I ever saw the MDR open for embarkment, but I usually go to the Lido anyway.

So, the buffet is not near the pizza and the deli?? Is there a seperate seating area? Thanks.

The pizza station and the grill(s) are located away from the buffet. Pizza station is in the rear of the ship before you go outside to the serenity area.

The grills are outside near the pool dome. It will be very busy. Last time I was on the Pride we were eating outside because that's where you could get a table.

The deli and asian station are basically wings of the buffet.

I am trying to avoid going to the buffet on the first day...looking for other options. Is the deli and pizza area away from the crowded buffet or is it in the same area?

Same area. We didn't find it crowded, but we did embark around 1115 am. We had a couple of drinks in the lobby and then went to lunch at the Lido. There were plenty of tables available.

Do they have a diner on the Pride? I hate the mass confusion for lunch the first day.

Sorry, no diner. Just the other options people have mentioned.

We ate at the grill the first day and found a table no problem - but we also boarded early, around 1130.

Serenity was practically empty then, if you are looking for a quiet area, there are a few tables back there where you could bring your food.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived