7 night cruise menus

happy cruzer

Can anyone share a link to the MDR menus for a 7 night cruise?
It depends upon the itinerary. The menus will probably the same for any 7 day cruise but the order will vary based upon when formal nights are scheduled. Check out these posts from a thread I started the end of January.

Post with link to 14 days of menus:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36841511&postcount=1

Post with my estimate of the menus on a 7 day cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36876649&postcount=53

Thank you for the links. My computer and I have problems with the menus as picture. The computer seems to have a hard time navigating through the menus and I have a hard time viewing the descriptions of the menu items even after printing.

I kinda hoped they were available in a different format since many cruises are of the 7 night variety.

Thank you for the links. My computer and I have problems with the menus as picture. The computer seems to have a hard time navigating through the menus and I have a hard time viewing the descriptions of the menu items even after printing.

I kinda hoped they were available in a different format since many cruises are of the 7 night variety.

I converted the first day to a PDF. Does this work better.

Embarkation Day Menu.pdf

ICCalCruiser, Is this the New 7 day menu or the New, New 7 day menu? Remember.... They are all new to me! :D

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Say hello to your wife for me!

These are what I will call the "revised" new menus. They are the new, new menus with a change of name :) Said hi to Janet from you and hi back from her.

I had posted photos of the menus on our 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess, but Google Photos was not behaving well. I have converted them to PDF files for easier viewing. The menus on a typical 7 day cruise will not be the first seven days of a 14 day cruise. This is my best estimate of the menus you will have on most 7 day cruises. The day1 menu will be your embarkation dinner, the day 2 menu will be your first formal night, the day 12 menu will be you second formal night and the day 14 menu will be your last night :( The order of the dessert menus may change from those shown on some cruises.

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 1 - Embarkation Day.pdf

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 2 - Formal Night - Captain's Welcome Dinner.pdf

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 12 - Formal Night - Captain's Gala Dinner.pdf

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 14.pdf

You will also have the Italian Dinner and the Chef's Dinner but the order will vary by cruise. There will be one other dinner on a seven night cruise and I have attached the day 3 menu because that was the first menu not on the list. This could change by cruise itinerary.

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 11 - Italian Dinner.pdf

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 13 - Chef's Dinner.pdf

Revised New Menus - Island Princess - Day 3.pdf

You will also have the Italian Dinner and the Chef's Dinner but the order will vary by cruise. There will be one other dinner on a seven night cruise and I have attached the day 3 menu because that was the first menu not on the list. This could change by cruise itinerary.

IECalCruiser,

Thanks for taking the time to share all these menus with us on CC. The 'new'-new menus look so much better than what they had last fall on our Grand Princess cruise.

:confused:So question: The menu that you have titled Day-11, 12, 13, 14, etc. are those menus for cruises longer than 10 days or will be for 7 to 10 days cruises? I hope that the Chicken & Veal Sweetbreads will be on a menu for a 10 day cruise? Those were one of my fav-appretizer!

:confused:Came back to ask another question: By chance did you (or anyone you were with at dinner) try the Fllet of Kingflip? I have never tried to before and looked it up...I love try anything 'different'. I also love Indian spices. Just wondered what was thought of it?

:confused:So question: The menu that you have titled Day-11, 12, 13, 14, etc. are those menus for cruises longer than 10 days or will be for 7 to 10 days cruises? I hope that the Chicken & Veal Sweetbreads will be on a menu for a 10 day cruise? Those were one of my fav-appretizer!
Those are the days that the menus were offered on our 14 day cruise. On any 7-13 day cruise with two formal nights, the day 1 menu from the Island will be the first day (embarkation) menu. The first formal night will the the Captain's Welcome Dinner, the day 2 menu from the Island. The second formal night will be the Captain's Gala Dinner, the day 12 menu in the Island. The last night will be the day 14 menu from the Island. You will also have the Chef's Dinner (they are the same for every chef :eek:), the day 13 menu on the Island and the Italian Dinner, the day 11 menu on the Island on your cruise. Princess used to have many themed nights but with the latest revision, only the Italian Dinner remains. The day 1 menu used to be called Sailaway and the last day Landfall and there were themed meals such as Caribbean, Alaskan, French & Mediterranean, Cosmopolitan and varous other, but no more. There are probably 25 menus just called Princess Dinner and they are added for longer cruises. Hope that this is clear ;)

:confused:Came back to ask another question: By chance did you (or anyone you were with at dinner) try the Fllet of Kingflip? I have never tried to before and looked it up...I love try anything 'different'. I also love Indian spices. Just wondered what was thought of it?

I believe one of our friends ordered that on the Island. As I remembered, it was good and not too spicy.

I have now sorta studies the 7 night menus :)

I have some questions:

Did I see dessert souffles offered only two nights? Has anyone requested Chocolate or Hazelnut?

On one formal night they list tenderloin medalions as a choice, are these different from the always available ones?

On Italian night, has anyone had the veal marsala? Good? Is there a better choice?

And the triology of lamb, veal, and chicken? Is it just one kabob with all three or are they presented seperately?

To much detail I know, but I thought someone might like to talk about food too...

Thanks.

And the triology of lamb, veal, and chicken? Is it just one kabob with all three or are they presented seperately?

I had this last summer and it was probably the worst thing I was ever served on a Princess ship. It may have just been my serving, but all three meats were overcooked and dry. I barely touched it. Luckily I had filled up on my appetizer and soup, and was saving room for dessert, so no great loss.

Those are the days that the menus were offered on our 14 day cruise. On any 7-13 day cruise with two formal nights, the day 1 menu from the Island will be the first day (embarkation) menu. The first formal night will the the Captain's Welcome Dinner, the day 2 menu from the Island. The second formal night will be the Captain's Gala Dinner, the day 12 menu in the Island. The last night will be the day 14 menu from the Island. You will also have the Chef's Dinner (they are the same for every chef :eek:), the day 13 menu on the Island and the Italian Dinner, the day 11 menu on the Island on your cruise. Princess used to have many themed nights but with the latest revision, only the Italian Dinner remains. The day 1 menu used to be called Sailaway and the last day Landfall and there were themed meals such as Caribbean, Alaskan, French & Mediterranean, Cosmopolitan and varous other, but no more. There are probably 25 menus just called Princess Dinner and they are added for longer cruises. Hope that this is clear ;)I believe one of our friends ordered that on the Island. As I remembered, it was good and not too spicy.

IECalCruiser,

AGAIN...THANKS! For this additional info about the menus. I do hope that my favs-will be listed on the menus when we cruise in Nov. and PCL doesn't make another menu change and 'dumb' down the entrees...as they did on our last Grand-Nov. 2012 cruise! These menus look grrrrrrrreat!:D

On Italian night, has anyone had the veal marsala? Good? Is there a better choice?

happy cruzer,

I had the Veal Marsala twice before on cruises. Last year on the Grand...it was VERY good, however the year before on another cruise when I had it the 1st time... the sauce with the Marsala was waaaaay too sweet. I remembered how sweet the sauce was..even though I have had Marsala Wine before and know it is as sweet and similar in taste to Port or Sherry. So when I ordered the Veal on my Grand cruise, I asked for the Marsala sauce to be put on the side,so I could add the amount I wanted..just in case it was too sweet again. It was WONDERFUL...I used every bit of the sauce on my Veal. I guess the 1st time I had it...the chef/cooks went just a bit overboard adding the Marsala and that made the sauce way to sweet for me. So from now on...I will just ask for the Marsala sauce to be put on the side...and I can add as little or all of it to the Veal...for my own personal taste. I certainly would recommend this dish.

Thanks a bunch for posting the new menus. I did not see Bananas Foster or Cherries Jubilee on the dessert menu anymore and I'm disappointed.

On our cruise in December on the Golden, the waiter told us that the head waiter was preparing Cherries Jubilee for everyone. But it just seemed it was taking forever and we decided not to wait any longer. I guess we could have asked our waiter what was going on (maybe it was taking longer than usual, or somehow our table got overlooked), but it really wasn't a dealbreaker for us. That also happened when we were told the head waiter was preparing a special pasta dish. Never got it.:rolleyes:

On the Coral in January there was often a station setup just after the exit to the HC.

IMG_0801.JPG

One night was cherries, another was peaches, another was pineapple and another was bananas. Not quite the classic dishes flamed by tableside but they usually had caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and ice cream and you could have them add whatever you wanted. I never saw this advertised anywhere.

I have some questions:

Did I see dessert souffles offered only two nights? Has anyone requested Chocolate or Hazelnut?

On one formal night they list tenderloin medalions as a choice, are these different from the always available ones?

To much detail I know, but I thought someone might like to talk about food too...

Thanks.

thanks to Sherry and Mona for the helpful info. Anyone else have some input for me?

• 2 weeks later...

I have some questions:

Thanks.

First of all, we enjoyed our dinners very much.

The seven menus that IEcal provided were very helpful. It turns out that instead of the day 3 menu that was listed as part of the 7 night rotation we had a menu that included surf and turf, a petit filet meinon with shrimp. The other six were as provided.

The Prime Rib the first night was excellent. Well prepared and large....

Two souffles at dinner plus one at the embarcation lunch in the dining room were excellent. Since we stayed with anytime dining we did not special request anything.

Escargot were on the menu. However the waiter explained that due to the worldwide shortage that they were not available.

Beef medallions were not so good, bland and tough. Beef roasts and New York steak were much better. Oxtail pasta dish was excellent.

We carried on wine and paid the corkage fee each night.

All in all, a very good dining experience, good food and excellent service.

Hope this helps someone

Archived