falmouth: zip line excursion at Rose Hall disappeared?

krewzin

We're on the May 5th Allure sailing stopping in Falmouth and I was interested in the Rose Hall canopy zip - it was offered in the list of excursions on the RCL website last weekend. I went back in to book it the other day, and its no longer there. Didn't think they removed an excursion from the website if it filled up; I thought they simply listed it as 'inquire aboard,' so it seems strange that it just vanished from the site?

OMG!!!!!

We were going to book the zip line last night, and it was gone as a single event.

The only way we can book it is paired with

Dunns, Kayaking, or the tubing.

So we called RCI and after being sent to another person, they confirmed that it is no longer a single excursion. It is combined.

So we were looking at doing Dunns again with it but it is a 7 1/2 hour committment.

We don't Kayak, so not gonna happen.

So we booked zip line with the tubing.

We are bummed, but, what are you gonna do, so this will be a first for us.

We just booked this about 1 hour ago.

Sea Ya

OMG!!!!!

We were going to book the zip line last night, and it was gone as a single event.

The only way we can book it is paired with

Dunns, Kayaking, or the tubing.

So we called RCI and after being sent to another person, they confirmed that it is no longer a single excursion. It is combined.

So we were looking at doing Dunns again with it but it is a 7 1/2 hour committment.

We don't Kayak, so not gonna happen.

So we booked zip line with the tubing.

We are bummed, but, what are you gonna do, so this will be a first for us.

We just booked this about 1 hour ago.

Sea Ya

Thanks for the info!

That really sucks that they got rid of it 'by itself.' Although it was expensive ($400 for the 4 of us) I had read some great reviews, really liked that it wasnt too long and was looking forward to doing it. Now, since its combined with something else (that doesnt interest us) it's even MORE expensive... and longer!

I've looked at booking it on its own outside of the ships excursions, but it seems that with cab fare it will be even more $$$ ($89pp + transportation from what I can see). Perhaps this tour wasn't profitable enough for them and they bagged it.

Thumbs Dow to RCL!:(

Like I previously posted, this will be a first for us doing two excursions in one port on the same day.

We have done this zip line before, last July when we sailed the Freedom it was offered by itself. We had the time of our lives, that is why we wanted to do it again.

The attendants are entertaining, and two of the lines take your breath away!!!!

Now the tubing part, I have no idea what we are getting into, and hoping it is not too painful:eek:

Sea Ya

I just got off the Indy. I had booked the Rosehall zipline, but once onboard got a letter in my room stating the location had changed from Rosehall to Good Hope estate.

IDK why this was changed, nor do I know if any future zipline-only excursions will be available.

It was still just the zipline & not combined with anything else. I liked that after we ziplined, they didn't rush us back on a bus, but were allowed to shop, dine, & drink at our leisure, then let them know when we were ready to return!

The guides were GREAT & the ziplining was a blast, although I don't think it was as long or as thrilling as the Rosehall reviews had described! :(

I have the Chukka zip line tour booked since Dec. 10th for our April Silhouette cruise. I see the single excursion is gone from the list of available excursions on our sailing as well.

Wonder if they are still honoring excursions that are booked are they are gonna spring a cancelation on us once we're onboard.

There are 13 of us, so that will NOT be nice!!! Guess I'd better call!

Anyone done Rosehall on Celeb recently?

We have the Rosehall zip excursion booked for our upcoming Freedom of the Seas cruise. We'll be sooooo disappointed if it's changed to a different location or combined with another activity. We loved that it's not a long excursion and has great reviews. The RCI site is down now, but I'll have to check online or call tomorrow.

Just back from Allure western 3/10. Before the trip I called Chukka because I wanted to find out more between Rosehall and Good Hope to see which one was better. Was told over the phone Rosehall had more ziplines but Good hope had the longest one. I looked at youtube and found several videos posted of Rosehall and with the positive reviews went with that one.

When I got on board I was switched over to Good Hope. Decided to go on the tour anyway. Our zipline guides used to work over at Rosehall but were transferred over to Good Hope. I asked what had happened. They said Rosehall is being refurbished. Didn't say when it would be available again. I asked them which they thought was better and they all said Rosehall. It had one more zip, one more rappel and one of the zips had a beautiful view of the ocean (I remember seeing it on the youtube video).

But we still had a great time.

Just back from Allure western 3/10. Before the trip I called Chukka because I wanted to find out more between Rosehall and Good Hope to see which one was better. Was told over the phone Rosehall had more ziplines but Good hope had the longest one. I looked at youtube and found several videos posted of Rosehall and with the positive reviews went with that one.

When I got on board I was switched over to Good Hope. Decided to go on the tour anyway. Our zipline guides used to work over at Rosehall but were transferred over to Good Hope. I asked what had happened. They said Rosehall is being refurbished. Didn't say when it would be available again. I asked them which they thought was better and they all said Rosehall. It had one more zip, one more rappel and one of the zips had a beautiful view of the ocean (I remember seeing it on the youtube video).

Thanks for the great info!!

Well a 'zip only' excursion has now reappeared...but as you mentioned it is now at Good Hope rather than Rose Hall. How long of a ride is it from the Falmouth pier?

Well a 'zip only' excursion has now reappeared...but as you mentioned it is now at Good Hope rather than Rose Hall. How long of a ride is it from the Falmouth pier?

It went fast, maybe 20 minutes? When I spoke to the person at Chukka I asked that question over the phone and they said Good Hope is a little closer than Rosehall and I think I remember someone saying Rosehall was about 30 minutes away.

Archived