Long Time Royal - First Time Allure

DH and I too, are both long time RCCL lovers. WE wil be sailing on Freedom in just 41 days. While we are on Freedom, we are going to book our next cruise on Allure. We just have a couple of questions about the different dining options. WE know the WJ is free. What are some of the other dining options that are free. We love Johnny Rockets (we know that is a paid), but where else can you have dinner besides the main dining room that is free? Thanks for any input.

DH and I too, are both long time RCCL lovers. WE wil be sailing on Freedom in just 41 days. While we are on Freedom, we are going to book our next cruise on Allure. We just have a couple of questions about the different dining options. WE know the WJ is free. What are some of the other dining options that are free. We love Johnny Rockets (we know that is a paid), but where else can you have dinner besides the main dining room that is free? Thanks for any input.

Windjammer, Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's. I think the wipeout Cafe closes around 4 PM. I cannot think of any other non-charge dinner venues.

It will still feel like RCI but on a larger scale. The Oasis twins are two of my favorite ships. They never felt crowded with the exception of the WJ which we quickly learned to avoid.

The entertainment is the best that we have experienced at sea. The crew has been outstanding on both ships. As far as movement, very little was felt but we had calm seas on all of our Oasis class cruises.

We enjoyed sitting outside in Central Park when possible while dining at Chops and Giovanni's Table.

I think that you will enjoy this ship. It's amazing how they were able to build something like this. I have photos in my below of the Allure. She is a beautiful well put together ship. Have a great cruise.

Thank you for putting up all the pictures of the Allure. We are sailing on it in 3 weeks and I can't wait! It looks like there is so much to see that we won't see it all in a one week voyage.

Thank you for putting up all the pictures of the Allure. We are sailing on it in 3 weeks and I can't wait! It looks like there is so much to see that we won't see it all in a one week voyage.

You're welcome. There is so much to do. We have cruised six times between both ships including a B2B on the Allure. The B2B was great. Enjoy your cruise.

Page 6 is helpful...

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Incentives/Oasis_Class_Guide.pdf

I wish I had my food diary from Allure to share. It was such a fantastic vacation. We are actually looking forward to the Windjammer on Freedom. The one on Liberty was awesome. But I'll stick to my beliefs about the Windjammer on Allure. It was poorly laid out, difficult for us to find tables, and the food was better at the other venues. Again, I highly recommend the Solarium Bistro. That was great!

I wish I had my food diary from Allure to share. It was such a fantastic vacation. We are actually looking forward to the Windjammer on Freedom. The one on Liberty was awesome. But I'll stick to my beliefs about the Windjammer on Allure. It was poorly laid out, difficult for us to find tables, and the food was better at the other venues. Again, I highly recommend the Solarium Bistro. That was great!

We loved Solarium Bistro. A little bit healthier fare.

I can't believe it was just this morning we were eating breakfast at the Solarium Bistro ... Fast forward to flying home (St Louis) to a foot of snow, ugh! What a day ... But back to the Allure, what an amazing ship! We loved it all. I agree with many posts already - crowds on the first day and then it never felt crowded after that. Loved Park Cafe for lunch, solarium bistro for breakfast, and we thought a hidden gem was the create-your-own-omelette (cooked to order of course) breakfast at the Wipeout Cafe. Couple that with un-crowded outdoor seating ... It's not a place people think of because its by the Sports Courts and many assume its a kids burger & dog stop. True ... But there's more. Just one thought that was a discovery for us. If you like omelettes, that is. They have the typical fruits, breads, etc breakfast fare also. And later, it's a good stop for the soda machine and frozen yogurt cones. Yum.

OceanAria completely dazzled us; in fact, the whole AquaTheater experience is so nice, we loved it! We enjoyed the variety and quality of the entertainment, overall. Bring a sweater to the Amber Theater. They crank up the AC during shows.

From my perspective, one thing I found dramatically different on this ship is that you really have to seek out water views, and often you can forget you are on a ship. On the plus side, there's very little movement. There are so many "inside" venues though, so we found that we would plan deliberately to be by water. That's probably also why we liked the location of Wipeout for breakfast and eating outdoors. And we loved having a balcony room for that reason also!

And after this week, I totally "get it" why back-to-back cruises are ideal, if you have the time (which we don't, unfortunately). Yesterday, Day 7, as we were sitting by the pool in the afternoon (easy to find seats by the way), I realized I was relaxing, really for the first time all week. You get so caught up in wanting to experience everything, and there's a lot of ship to take in with only a week! So when I finally felt like I did it all, there I was, with less than 12 hours left ... I was begging for just a *few* more days ... But no matter what, a fabulos vacation and spectacular ship!

Have a blast!

Andrea

Really.... Make your own omletts at wipeout cafe????? Good to know! I love a vacation omlett!

I can't believe it was just this morning we were eating breakfast at the Solarium Bistro ... Fast forward to flying home (St Louis) to a foot of snow, ugh! What a day ... But back to the Allure, what an amazing ship! We loved it all. I agree with many posts already - crowds on the first day and then it never felt crowded after that. Loved Park Cafe for lunch, solarium bistro for breakfast, and we thought a hidden gem was the create-your-own-omelette (cooked to order of course) breakfast at the Wipeout Cafe. Couple that with un-crowded outdoor seating ... It's not a place people think of because its by the Sports Courts and many assume its a kids burger & dog stop. True ... But there's more. Just one thought that was a discovery for us. If you like omelettes, that is. They have the typical fruits, breads, etc breakfast fare also. And later, it's a good stop for the soda machine and frozen yogurt cones. Yum.

OceanAria completely dazzled us; in fact, the whole AquaTheater experience is so nice, we loved it! We enjoyed the variety and quality of the entertainment, overall. Bring a sweater to the Amber Theater. They crank up the AC during shows.

From my perspective, one thing I found dramatically different on this ship is that you really have to seek out water views, and often you can forget you are on a ship. On the plus side, there's very little movement. There are so many "inside" venues though, so we found that we would plan deliberately to be by water. That's probably also why we liked the location of Wipeout for breakfast and eating outdoors. And we loved having a balcony room for that reason also!

And after this week, I totally "get it" why back-to-back cruises are ideal, if you have the time (which we don't, unfortunately). Yesterday, Day 7, as we were sitting by the pool in the afternoon (easy to find seats by the way), I realized I was relaxing, really for the first time all week. You get so caught up in wanting to experience everything, and there's a lot of ship to take in with only a week! So when I finally felt like I did it all, there I was, with less than 12 hours left ... I was begging for just a *few* more days ... But no matter what, a fabulos vacation and spectacular ship!

Have a blast!

Andrea

Book Your Entertainment on Royal's Website before hand Given the amount of PAX, You will have a hard time getting into the shows you want.

There is a stand by line IIRC for shows but they will only let some people who have NOT reserved 15 Mins before the showtime.

Windjammer was smaller than it should be for a ship of its size.

DID NOT Feel the Ship Move Much

Archived