Help! Private shore excursion cancelled... ship sponsored one full!

rjm11

I am sailing on the Dawn next week- I had a trip to Bannister Island booked with Coral Breezes and just got notice that they cancelled it. Then I tried to book it with NCL, and see that it's no longer listed (I assume full?). My question is, do you think they ever "hold" a certain number of spots for onboard bookings (like they do with restaurant reservations)? Has anyone ever gone to the shore excursion desk onboard in these situations and seen the the tour was magically available there? Also, we're in a suite- would the concierge likely have any pull in this sort of thing?

As a related question- any other suggestions for beach options in Belize with young kids (ages 5 and 7)?

I would say this - forget about it. We had the option to cancel ours when the day came and the water was so rough and it was very windy and cloudy ... we pted to cancel it.

Later we spoke to a couple who went there last year and they said it wasn't that good.

my thought is that if it is no longer listed on the cruiseline excursions...then they cancelled theirs as well.

Did the private company say why they cancelled?

It is possible that all tours to that place have been cancelled.

do some googling and see what you can find out.

I wouldn't be upset though if you can't get to this place based on the previous comments on this thread.

Bannister island is way overpriced. Pick another activity.

Not helpful, as there are no other beach activities. Unless you know of a different beach in Belize??

Coral Breeze said they cancelled because not enough people signed up, and offered Caye Caulker instead- which sounds like a nice trip, but I don't think it would be ideal for younger kids (a long time on a boat). When excursions fill up, do they still show on the website? Or are they removed? The other popular one we are booked for in Roatan (Maya Key) is also no longer being offered on NCL website- I assume it is full and not cancelled.

Since you're in a suite, do talk to the concierge when you check in and he/she will help you. If that excursion is not available or being run, perhaps they will have another beach choice for you (sometimes they add excursions onboard).

Can't help you with beaches as we've spent our trips to Belize at the Mayan ruins, not an easy activity with 2 kids. The day trip to Lamanai ruins, however, does have an hr ride on the river with crocodile and bird spottings. Once you're at Lamanai, there's a chance to see/hear howler monkeys. But there's a lot of walking around ruins and a long bus ride getting to the boat launch and back. Thought it was a fantastic day though.

When you check have the concierge book the tour for you. They always hold slots for onboard booking. Not everyone is comfortable or capable of booking online.

THANK YOU- that is exactly what I was wondering! I have a backup in mind- but I must say there are only about 2 excursions for Belize that don't have age limits on them! I didn't realize how tough that port can be with younger kids!

Not helpful, as there are no other beach activities. Unless you know of a different beach in Belize??

Stay on the ship. Best and safest beach in Belize. Excellent chance to enjoy all the ship activities with little crowding. Bonus, you won't get gouged by the locals.

When will you dopes realize that in the cruise business, lines put profits over passengers every time? Do you think they run their businesses for YOUR benefit? Get real.

what does this comment have to do with anything mentioned here????

Archived