should I take our pushchair for port days

jessabella

I am in two minds about taking the pushchair (US:Stroller). Generally we do not use a pushchair for our daugthter as she is very well mannered and likes to walk. She doenst have a problem with walking off and when she gets tired I myself or my husband would just carry her. But we are thinking that during a port day we will want to walk about quite a bit and poor daddy would get very tired carrying DD the entire time. So the option would be to bring our pushchair..or to buy a toddler carrier..I dont mind a carrier but wish I didnt sell the 5 I had 5 months ago without thinking of this first. :p

Just for more information...this is our first cruise with our daughter..the last cruse we took I was 5 months pregnant...so cruising with our daughter is very new. She will be 2yr and 10 months during the cruise. She is potty trained and loves people, loves going out..however she prefers to walk most times so not sure how the chair on long periods will go down..but I do know that if she gets tired she will just go to sleep for sure. I should also say that our pushchair is a buggaboo bee so it is smallish but not as small as those travel ones. I dont mind bringing it as long as it will do the job perfectly.

just incase that makes a difference.... we are looking at

RC Splendour of the Seas Suites

Venice, Italy

Corfu, Greece

Santorini, Greece

Mykonos, Greece

Olympia (Katakolon), Greece

I will definanlty be doing more research on the ports to see which ones we will take her with us or which ones we might use the babysitting onboard whilst we are at port

Any advice is grateful!

xx;)

I would check the ports in Google Earth to see where the things you want to see are located. I've never been to that area - but it's definitely on my "bucket list" but I have a feeling it might be pretty warm. I would take the stroller if it was me. I had to look up "buggaboo bee" - very nice. I would have loved to have had something like that when our sons were little (oldest one is 40 now so that was a long time ago). :D

yeah they really have come a long way with children items ...I alwyas hated the old school pushchairs..with exception to the classic prams..they were beautiful...

The good thing about this pushchair is it is fairly lightweight and much smaller than the average pushchair. So I think I just might take it..the only advice I got from a friend was that if I was staying in an inside or outside cabin then it wouldn't be a good idea..but I'm thinking we will be in a suite so should be fine.

Ill defiantly look up the ports..I didn't have a desire to do these ports but the date and price worked out for us so decided to go for it...getting excited about it .

Santorini is all up and down, rough terrain, wouldn't want to try to use a stroller there. Mykonos would be better...Venice is flat, but then you have to do steps for the many bridges. Corfu has a lot of cobblestones, but not as hilly as some places. Have not been to Katakolon. EM

I'd definitely take it for the port days and the airport. It's also great for when you're little one might fall asleep when you are eating or enjoying any of the onboard activities.

Our little man was 6 months when did Eastern Med. in January on Norweigan Jade.

I found the baby carrier great in Istanbul which was very busy.

I'd definitely take it for the port days and the airport. It's also great for when you're little one might fall asleep when you are eating or enjoying any of the onboard activities.

Our little man was 6 months when did Eastern Med. in January on Norweigan Jade.

I found the baby carrier great in Istanbul which was very busy.

Thanks for the tips everyone..

Im not sure if the port days would be able to handle a pushchair but we are going to take it anyway...I dont think we will need it on teh ship though. She doesnt usually sleep in it ..as we dont use it at home. A carrier woudl be idea as we always used mei tai's until she was about 2 and I sold them but never made it to buying a toddler size meitai..maybe that would be a better idea ..to just purchase one for port days as it is easy....

oh and we dont have to worry about airports..we drive to the ports.

Better to be safe than sorry, I think. Maybe that's why we packed twice the amount of diapers we needed, as well as a whole lot of other things we ended up not using for our 8 month old :rolleyes:

What about an inexpensive, light weight umbrella pushchair (or whatever they call them over in your corner)? I would research how much walking you should expect, depending on what you want to do in each port and let that influence your decision on what to bring. Maybe a baby carrier would be enough?

I couldn't imagine a stroller in those ports. I haven't been to Corfu, but have been to the others. If it's not hilly, it's cobblestone and bridges. A little umbrella stroller probably wouldn't work very well and certainly wouldn't be a comfy ride. If you like carriers, I think that would be ideal. We brought an umbrella stroller on a Caribbean cruise and I thought I'd use it a lot. We used it in the airport, in line to get on the ship, and then to get off the ship. Once we were on the ship it never came out of the closet. I'm glad we didn't bring a large one. Have a great time! Those are beautiful ports.

Archived