2014/15 Brochures

Mrs Wally

They don't? Why do you say this?

Just been looking at the preview for 2014 cruises, It states in there that shuttle buses in ports will not be free for getaway passengers now (same as Cunard). We went on Fred one year. shuttle buses with them was £5 pp. We had a suite so did not have to pay, just showed a card, prior to boarding the bus. for the couple not too bad, for a family ??? could cost a fair amount over the cruise.

talking about the previews, everytime I click on a cruise for cabin prices I get a error 404 page missing, so as per normal Pando's IT is working well.

talking about the previews, everytime I click on a cruise for cabin prices I get a error 404 page missing, so as per normal Pando's IT is working well.

In P&O's defence, it does say that the pricing links in the e brochure will not become live until the cruise go on general sale, 8th April. Quite why this is I am not sure as you need to get the pricing information if you want to pre-register. However if you phone up any travel agent, they will give you the information.

Brian

In P&O's defence, it does say that the pricing links in the e brochure will not become live until the cruise go on general sale, 8th April. Quite why this is I am not sure as you need to get the pricing information if you want to pre-register. However if you phone up any travel agent, they will give you the information.

Brian

Thanks will try that tomorrow. I know a couple of the links did work and opened up a page the same as the normal website.

As you say one really needs the prices to decide if the cruise is doable..

Thanks will try that tomorrow. I know a couple of the links did work and opened up a page the same as the normal website.

Like you, I guess we are too impatient and too excited !

Have you noticed that Getaway passengers don't get free shuttles from P&O?

Rawmac is correct. Now I've had a chance to look through the 2014 brochure in detail I can see where this information is given.It's on page 3, under a summary of Vantage vs Getaway fares. Vantage fares are shown as enjoying the following advantages & benefits that Getaway fares don't: price promise protection; a benefit (OBC, free parking or free coaches to/from Southampton); "Shuttle Bus Fees included" (from April 2014); choice of dining arrangements; choice of cabin location & number; flexibility to change booking. Getaway Fares are shown as enjoying none of these. Plus of course there the other restrictions on Getaway Fares e.g. full payment at the time of booking, and 100% cancellation fee.

It looks like those links are to a different web address than the current P&O site. Perhaps they are replacing it with a new one?

A couple of other things about the Ventura Mediterranean fly-cruise prices in the brochure. As published, they include a 5% Early Booking Saving, and there's an additional 5% Past Passenger discount available which is not included in the displayed price.

Reading the small print I find that the 5% Early Booking Saving is "likely to be available up until three months prior to the month of departure"; so in the case of a Mediterranean fly-cruises for, say, July 2014 the Early Booking Saving will be available for 12 months from the time bookings open, and will only not be available for the last 3 months! That seems to stretch the definition of 'early booking' somewhat.

It also says that the 5% 'Past Passenger' discount will be available until July 2013.

Right tried again with the links,still did not work. Rang pando who said maybe too any people looking had made it crash. Thought they should work. Spoken to our TA who is going to come back with prices.if the prices will not come live until brochure comes out,can someone please explain to me what the point of the preview is. Why not just wait until 8th April and put on normal site.

Right tried again with the links,still did not work. Rang pando who said maybe too any people looking had made it crash. Thought they should work. Spoken to our TA who is going to come back with prices.if the prices will not come live until brochure comes out,can someone please explain to me what the point of the preview is. Why not just wait until 8th April and put on normal site.

On the P&O site it explains that the links in the brochure will not be active until 11th April. I presume this is the date the new P&O dot UK site goes live.

Rawmac is correct. Now I've had a chance to look through the 2014 brochure in detail I can see where this information is given.It's on page 3, under a summary of Vantage vs Getaway fares. Vantage fares are shown as enjoying the following advantages & benefits that Getaway fares don't: price promise protection; a benefit (OBC, free parking or free coaches to/from Southampton); "Shuttle Bus Fees included" (from April 2014); choice of dining arrangements; choice of cabin location & number; flexibility to change booking. Getaway Fares are shown as enjoying none of these. Plus of course there the other restrictions on Getaway Fares e.g. full payment at the time of booking, and 100% cancellation fee.

I do believe I said this some time ago and was shot down.:rolleyes:

Gan Canny

Dai

:eek::cool:

Nor, apparently, choice of dining time - Dai talked that one up by claiming they didn't offer that in 2012/13.

So, I won't book a Vantage Fare, and now I won't book a Getaway - what to do?

I know, I'll book last minute with one of the other companies sailing out of the UK. Brilliant move, Carnival.

Peter

So that will be my fault then:rolleyes:

Gan Canny

Dai

I do believe I said this some time ago and was shot down.:rolleyes:

:eek::cool:

Apologies, Dai, but I must have missed this. I've only read posts from you stating (incorrectly) that getaway passengers were unable to reserve their chosen dining time at the moment.

If you would like to provide a link to the post where you display your magnificent predictive skills, I shall be the first to congratulate you.

Peter

So that will be my fault then:rolleyes:

Dai

Absolutely!

What's the betting the next move will be to insist Getaway pax have to pay auto-gratuities up front?

Do hope I'm not giving them ideas as well:D.

Peter

On the P&O site it explains that the links in the brochure will not be active until 11th April. I presume this is the date the new P&O dot UK site goes live.

which again brings me back to my question.

what is the point of just showing where the ships are going, without prices.

I could pre register for a world cruise, as there are no prices, and on the day they go live find I have a nasty surprise and a world cruise is more than 2 and 6.

Earlier today I rang pando direct and got prices for the cruise we were interested in, so will go back to out TA on Monday.

Out of interest was reading the pre register bumph a short while ago , and it said if you pre registered you could not specify a cabin number...I thought that was what vantage fares were all about...or have I missed something.

which again brings me back to my question.

what is the point of just showing where the ships are going, without prices.

I could pre register for a world cruise, as there are no prices, and on the day they go live find I have a nasty surprise and a world cruise is more than 2 and 6.

Earlier today I rang pando direct and got prices for the cruise we were interested in, so will go back to out TA on Monday.

Out of interest was reading the pre register bumph a short while ago , and it said if you pre registered you could not specify a cabin number...I thought that was what vantage fares were all about...or have I missed something.

Quite simply, pre register isn't a booking! You just get ahead in the queue and generally you need to confirm or otherwise on the day the cruises go on sale.

Last year, for this years cruise, I gave the PO rep a choice of cabins I would like, then when I spoke to her later she had managed to get me what I wanted, very easy and no worries.

Don't go thinking it's harder than it is!

I have not looked at it, but it sounds as though pre registration through P&O is the same as last year. They did not allow people to choose specific cabin numbers and if customers wanted a different cabin to what was allocated they had to ring and ask for a cabin change. P&O also did not 'lodge' their pre registrations immediately that bookings were open because they said they wanted to allow agents to have their chance at getting bookings. I think people who wanted a specific cruise were assured of a cabin though.

The agents carried on as usual and took preferred cabin numbers and made bookings, subject to confirmation by customers as has been previously said here. Hence, unless the cruise is at risk of booking up within a very short period of time,it would be better to use an agent or cruise club.

Absolutely!

What's the betting the next move will be to insist Getaway pax have to pay auto-gratuities up front?

Do hope I'm not giving them ideas as well:D.

Peter

I heard you have to do this before you book:rolleyes:

Gan canny

Dai

Apologies, Dai, but I must have missed this. I've only read posts from you stating (incorrectly) that getaway passengers were unable to reserve their chosen dining time at the moment.

If you would like to provide a link to the post where you display your magnificent predictive skills, I shall be the first to congratulate you.

Peter

Peter,

I posted a list of things you did not get with getaway fares. Now I cannot find it:confused: I think it is age:o the list came from what I had gleaned from all the forums I look at and was much like yours.

P&O clearly are trying to put clear water between the two types of fare.

Now of course you can book early and get up to 15% for doing so on certain cruises. Which is very close to the discounts on some of the getaway cruises we are looking at.

Gan Canny

Dai

Peter,

I posted a list of things you did not get with getaway fares. Now I cannot find it:confused: I think it is age:o the list came from what I had gleaned from all the forums I look at and was much like yours.

Dai

You did indeed, but your list was nothing to do with 2014 - it was posted in response to a discussion on the current (2013) vantage/getaway fares, with no mention of next year in any of your, or anyone else's, posts.

Try again:D

Peter

Archived