Options with non potty trained 3 year old

BubMunkeyBles

So we're hoping to take our kids on their first cruise next year. We were really hoping to move away from Carnival but I don't know anymore. :(

We're looking at Carnival, NCL, and RCCL.

Carnival- changes diapers

NCL- will page you when diaper needs to be changed

RCCL- Sorry out of luck?

Yes, I know he could potty train before we go, but our daughter potty trained late so I don't want to rely on that. I'm so torn. Some of the issue is that I'm already doing the NCL cruise we'd want to take the kids on the same month and probably would want to do the same exact excursions.

I really wish more lines were more friendly at this age. I'm so frustrated and undecided because of it all.

I know NCL recently changed it's youngest age group from 2 to 3, but I don't know if they have to be potty trained. They do have to be potty trained to use any of the pools.

I've found it's easier to train at 2 1/2 than 3 - faster. You might just do it!

My son was just potty trained about 10 days before his 3rd birthday. There is hope! Will he have just turned 3? Maybe the nurserys on Royal Caribbean would be flexible if he's just 3? Or he'll be potty trained and your worry would be moot?

Sorry...I feel your pain...I waited until my guy was 4 (now) to take our first cruise since the whole nursery concept is so new.

Good luck!!

I would call RCCL to clarify their nursery policy. I was just on Enchantment and used the Royal Babies and Tots nursery just for play groups and open play, but as I recall they indicated they would change diapers if you do drop off in the nursery, but you just have to provide diapers and wipes. At least, I think that's what you were wondering?

The only down side that I found very frustrating regarding diapers - they have signs posted in the nursery during open play (with no staff present) prohibiting diaper changes. They have a kid friendly bathroom in there, but no changing area. the posted rules say to return to your cabin. I found one changing table on deck four near the dining room - too late to help us from dragging a stinky baby all of the way from one end of the ship and multiple decks away!

The staff was awesome with her, across the board, but RCCL seems kind of dense and clueless when it comes to babies in diapers. Very frustrating!

Archived